Chapter 53

"What the hell took so long?!" Logan asked as Collin walked into the clinic office where he was unpacking boxes with Rory.

"He's still not gone yet."

"Are you freaking kidding me!?!" Rory asked.

"You weren't kidding about him being a disrespectful prick!"

"So where is he now?" Logan asked.

"There are 4 of our security officers and 2 from NYPD escorting him out."

"Under different circumstances that would be a photo opp."

"Right?!" Collin laughed. "What am I supposed to be helping you with?"

"Everything! We have a furniture delivery coming, and more office supplies."

"My mom and Dad are on their way."

"You pulled the Daddy card to get him to bring his tool box and put everything together for you."

"Well duh! Who did you think was going to put everything together? Certainly NOT the two of you!"

"Hey, I know how to build furniture!" Collin protested.

"Of course you do! You know how to hire a handyman!"

"Exactly!"

"I would offer to call stooge number 3 to come help, but Doyle reminded us earlier that with OSHA coming for an inspection at any time, we could be completely shut down for drinking while at work, so we need to keep the alcohol out of the building."

"I would definitely advise that. OSHA is a hard fight to win. When are they supposed to be coming?"

"Thursday. But Doyle said they tend to show up whenever they want to."

"Which probably means they'll be here sometime mid-day Wednesday, if not tomorrow."

"Great! Something to look forward to."

"It's actually good news. If they show up tomorrow, they'll do a preliminary inspection and tell you everything that is wrong with the office, and everything that needs to be fixed, then schedule a time to come back Thursday to do a final inspection. Then on Thursday, they'll show up 2 hours early. But at least you'll know exactly what needs to be fixed, and none of the stuff on the preliminary inspection will actually count against you unless it's one of their extreme no no items, in which case you are completely screwed no matter what you do."

"Do you have a copy of that list?"

"I do actually. I'll have it faxed over." Collin said as he reached into his pocket for his cell phone. "Hey, it looks like your jailbird is coming out."