Chapter 21

New York City -

The Huntzberger family has announced that the long time CEO of Huntzberger Publishing Group (HPG), Mitchum Huntzberger, has taken a medical leave of absence from the company, turning control over to his daughter in-law Lorelai Leigh (Rory) Gilmore Huntzberger, wife to Doctor Logan Huntzberger of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.

Most recently working as a writer and assistant editor for The New York Times, Rory Huntzberger comes to HPG with a degree in English and Journalism from Yale University, where she assumed the role of Editor of the Yale Daily News. Following her graduation in 2007, Rory worked as a reporter on the presidential campaign trail with President Barack Obama before traveling the world as a freelance writer.

Not being a stranger to HPG or the Huntzberger family, Rory worked with CEO Mitchum Huntzberger as an intern at the Stamford Eagle Gazette during its acquisition, and is excited to be welcomed back to the fold by several of her former editors.

In her free time, Rory enjoys traveling back to the small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut where she grew up, and spending time with family, including her two younger sisters. Rory is the daughter of Lorelai Gilmore Danes and Luke Danes of Stars Hollow Ct. and Christopher Hayden of Boston, Ma. Granddaughter of Richard and Emily Gilmore and Strobe and Francine Hayden, of Hartford, Ct.

In a company press conference where the changes in leadership were announced, Honor Huntzberger Rothschild, eldest child of Mitchum and Shira Huntzberger, described her new sister in-law, Rory, as "the perfect example of selfless integrity". Having known Rory for 12 years, Honor stated that she is super excited to work with her new sister in-law as she takes on the very challenging role of CEO, saying "I love Rory so much, and I believe with all of my heart that she has this company's absolute best interest at the forefront of her heart and mind" and that Rory is the "perfect person" to step into her father's role. "Rory is always super positive, and goes out of her way to help anyone who might need it . . . She is such a sweet person both inside and out, and she leads by example."

When asked about his wife's new role in the family, Logan Huntzberger stated "I couldn't possibly be any more excited or prouder of my wife. She has worked her whole life for an opportunity like this, and we are all very lucky to have her. Rory is an incredible asset to the team, and if anyone can move this company forward, it's her." Both Logan Huntzberger and Honor Rothschild plan to be on hand for several weeks during Rory's transition to HPG, and are looking forward to another successful year for the company.

Currently, Huntzberger Publishing Group owns 327 newspapers throughout the United States and 100 overseas, with plans to expand to a total of 500 in the next year. They also own several online newspapers, as well as a smaller book publishing subsidiary.

"I like it! It gives the readers something but nothing, all at the same time." Logan said, reading over the article Rory had just finished writing.

"Exactly! Here is a small bit of information about me that you can find by doing any web search, and not a single ounce of anything else." Rory agreed.

"It states the facts, and has quotes from both Honor and I. And my favorite part is that it is very noninvasive."

"I want to keep our private life private."