Chapter 95

May 4, 2017

5:00pm

Huntzberger Residence

Manhattan, New York

"Well THAT was fun!" Lorelai said as Logan helped his wife out of the black Escalade currently parked in Rory and Logan's garage.

"I never realized that leaving the hospital could be such a challenge."

"You have no idea. I was taken out through a side entrance and driven in a security vehicle to the employee parking garage where Luke was waiting with Carlos."

"We didn't even go through the employee garage. We were taken out through the service entrance."

"Frank, you should come inside. Come meet the baby." Rory said as the door to the house opened and her friend Lane stepped out.

"Hey, you guys made it!"

"Thanks for helping Lane. I didn't even think about needing a decoy to leave the hospital."

"Hey, it was fun for me! I snuck in through a loading dock, and was escorted to your room, then wheeled out a couple hours later with Ayribella in a covered carrier. Everything went perfectly!"

"Apparently there was some actor admitted this morning, and the paparazzi descended on the place like cockroaches. All of our escape plans went right out the window. We even considered trying to take a helicopter to get out, but I wasn't sure where we could land without being obvious about something going on." Logan explained.

"You probably could have landed at the airport."

"Yeah, but there's a lot of traffic there, and it's so far away. It would have taken too long to get home."

"That's true. How is Ayribella doing?" Rory asked.

"She's inside with your grandparents. They are gushing over her amazingness. Do you guys need any help unloading?"

"Luke already has everything in the house, and took your bags up to your room." Lorelai told them. "He's working on dinner right now."

"Frank, come have dinner with us. I insist." Logan spoke up before shutting the door to the SUV.

"Very well, Mr. Huntzberger." Frank smiled as he got out of the vehicle.

"Hey, you know better than to call me that."

"Sorry, it's a habit. I would be happy to, Logan. Thank you for the generous invite."

"You need to come meet Ayribella." Rory said as Logan escorted her toward the door to the house.

"I would love to."

"Come on in, make yourself at home." Lorelai said as she held the door open for everyone. "Luke is making steak."