Chapter 66

"Ohhh, I hear footsteps!" Honor said, practically bouncing with joy as sh esat on the bed next to Rory.

"You two are getting way too much enjoyment out of this." Collin said as he walked through Rory's door, tossing a couple bags of gummy bears on the bed. "There's your gummy bears."

"Why thank you kind Sir!" Rory beamed, looking up at her friend, with a shit eating grin plastered across her face.

"Mind if I sit?"

"Please do." Honor told him, gesturing to a spot at Rory's feet.

"Hi, I'm Collin McCrae from the Law Offices of McCrae and Associates." Collin said as he took a seat and held his business card out to the lady sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"These two ladies here are quite entertaining. I've never had a situation anywhere near this eventful before."

"Oh, you've seen nothing yet!" Collin chuckled looking toward the girls and giving them a wink. "You see, I grew up with Honor and her brother Logan. Rory we've all only known for what, going on 13 years?"

"Something like that." Rory confirmed.

"But Honor and Logan I've known literally my entire life. We were all in diapers together. And if there is one thing that I can assure you ,it's that you don't want to be involved when shit goes down. And believe me, it's about to blow!" Collin said as Rory and Honors nickered next to him.

"Shall we get started?" Annie asked.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if we should . . . You see, my other client has yet to arrive." Colin told her, giving her a smile equal to that of the Cheshire cat. "Rory, why don't you go get dressed. Whatever tests Paris needs to run, I'm sure can be run at a different location later on. Honor, why don't you go help her."

"Oh, but I want to see the fireworks." Rory protested.

"Oh trust me, you won't miss a thing if you go quickly."

"There's an IV in my arm."

"I know how to turn the drip off." Honor said as she stood up and moved over to the machine, grabbing the clear tube connected to Rory's arm, and successfully turning the drip off, then disconnecting the tube from the port inserted in Rory's vein. "The perks of helping my brother study for so many years. I picked up quite a few things."

"I'm sorry, but none of you are medical professionals, and you really shouldn't be doing this." Annie protested.

"You know, it's funny that you say that because the two medical professionals that you speak of are about to come storming through that door, rip the IV out of my client's arm, and immediately discharge her without any concern as to what you might have to say. So I suggest that you just sit back, shut your mouth, and enjoy the show!" Collin told her.

"Collin, I love you!" Rory said, placing a kiss on Collin's cheek, then moving across the room to the closet where Logan had stashed her clothes, before following Honor into the bathroom. Once the bathroom door was closed, Collin reached for the call button that was sitting on the bed that Rory had just vacated.