Chapter 67

"Logan, what's going on?" Mitchum asked as he walked into the kitchen with Honor behind him, setting his bag down on the counter.

"Dad!" Logan said dropping the spoon he was using to stir the dinner cooking on the stove in front of him, and rushing over to throw his arms around his father.  "Thank you for coming!"

"Must be a pretty big problem to get a greeting like this.  Are you ok?  Do I need to call the lawyers?"

"I honestly don't even know at this point." Logan told him as he stepped back and leaned up against the counter.  "Collin is working on it, but I just don't know what to do.  I've never dealt with anything so completely ridiculously stupid before!"

"Where is Rory?  Is she ok?"

"Rory is upstairs in bed.  She's been put on bed rest for gestational hypertension."

"Heart problems.  That means there is a problem with the baby, right?"

"Potentially. Right now the baby is ok, but Rory needs to stay in bed and get as much rest as possible.  The pregnancy is now high risk, and there is a high chance of developing pre-eclampsia which is life threatening for both her and the baby."

"So this problem you have, did this cause Rory's problems?"

"Well, fortunately and unfortunately, no.  Rory woke up at 2:30 this morning from a bad dream, and was completely freaked out, convinced that something was wrong with the baby.  She begged me to go to my office to get the fetal heart monitor I had there, and then decided to go with me.  Her pulse was racing when she woke up, and barely calmed by the time we got to the office, and when I checked her vitals, she was already hypertensive.  I called her doctor who had me take her to the hospital, which is where the real nightmare started."

"Alright. . ."

"Where's Blake?"

"I'm right here." Blake spoke up, as he entered the kitchen.

"Hey,I know your job is to help out my Dwhilewe'read, but you're a nurse, so I was hoping that maybe you wouldn't mind helping me out with my wife  while we're here.  If it's too much to ask, I can have someone else brought in."

"No, it's perfectly ok.  What's going on?"

"Rory has gestational hypertension and is on bed rest."

"When did you last check her vitals?"

"About an hour ago."

"I'll go check on her."

"Thank you Blake."

"No problem Doctor Huntzberger."

"I'll show you the way." Honor told him, stepping past Blake, and leading him through the house.

"So anyway, I get Rory to the hospital, and there was a physician's assistant running the shift in labor and delivery.  From the second she met me, the woman decided that she completely hates me.  First she didn't like me consulting on Rory's treatment even though the hospital's policy allows me to do so.  And then how dare I ask the nurses to please run all of Rory's treatment and diagnosis information by me, and not stress her out with it, because I'm obviously not just her husband, but also a doctor, and my wife has more than enough going on right now and doesn't need extra stress adding to her problems."

"That all sounds perfectly reasonable.  You do the exact same thing to me and your mother."

"Exactly! So the PA calls me manipulative and controlling."