Chapter 39

"So why are we going to Stars Hollow again?" Logan asked as they drove down the freeway, heading to Rory's hometown for the weekend.

"I thought you liked The Hollow?" Rory asked.

"I do like The Hollow, I'm just asking why we are going because I don't remember anything being on the calendar."

"That's because I forgot to put it on the calendar."

"You've been forgetting a lot of stuff lately."

"Yeah well, I hear baby brain does that. And I don't even want to hear any comments about that, because this is partly your fault."

"So are you going to tell me why we are going to Stars Hollow?"

"Oh! Yeah! We've got the Dragonfly Christmas Party in the Hollow tonight, and Mom really wants us to be there this year. And then tomorrow, we've gotta go to my Grandparents' Christmas party."

"And you realize that the hospital Christmas party is on Sunday, right?"

"Yes, that party was actually on the calendar."

"So we are staying in The Hollow tonight?"

"Mom finally put a bigger bed in my old room."

"Oh really? When did that happen?"

"Actually, when Honor and Josh stayed with her to help plan my birthday party. Mom finally decided that having a twin bed in there wasn't conducive to having a married couple staying over. I guess in her own way, she's finally come around to my being so grown up now. I never needed a bigger bed when it was just me coming home, but now that I'm bringing home a husband, and soon a grand baby, I guess I need a big girl bed to sleep in."

"Is everyone still coming to our house for Christmas next week?"

"Guests will start arriving on Thursday."

"I guess it's a good thing we got our tree and decorations up last week then."

"Grandma was so excited to help! She is the queen of decorating!"

"The house looks amazing!"

"It's about to be completely full! Mom, Luke and April are coming up, and I told April that her mom is welcome to join us too. My Dad is coming with Gigi and Francine, and then we've got Grandma and Grandpa."

"That is 9 people and we've got 4 bedrooms available. Are we putting people in the library and offices?"

"You know, I actually hadn't thought of that, but we totally could. We can get some futon couches that lay flat to become beds."

"Where were you planning to put people?"