Chapter 117

"Are you ready to talk about it now?" Rory asked as both her and Logan were getting ready for bed that night.

"Call me jealous or a caveman or whatever, all you want, but I'm just not comfortable with your ex-boyfriend staying with us." Logan answered grumpily.

"Jess and I are just friends. We have been for years. I thought that we were past this, Logan."

"He's still your ex-boyfriend." Logan told her, tossing a pillow off their bed and into a chair in the corner of the room.

"So what! That was a really long time ago. How come you can't get past it? I have!"

"I just don't like him being around. It's one thing having to see him at an event, but you hanging out with him is entirely different."

"It was an emergency, Logan." Rory said with a sigh. "Jess has been in town on business. He was in a ton of pain and Luke told him to get to a hospital. Jess doesn't know anyone here and he didn't want to end up dying or something in some stranger's car, so he called me."

"You should have been honest with me Rory!"

"I'm sorry that I didn't give you all the information, but honestly, it was because I knew that you would get like this!" Rory told him; her voice full of irritation. "You ALWAYS get like this with Jess! You say that you are over our past relationship, and that you've moved on, and are ok now, but then monster Logan comes out, and you act super jealous and possessive all over again!"

"Well pardon be for caring about some other man being in love with my wife!" Logan fumed, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched Rory turn their bed down.

"Please, Jess isn't in love with me." Rory told him, trying to hide the chuckle that tried to escape from her mouth.

"Really? Because he didn't seem too upset when Mikayla referred to you as his wife."

"You heard that?" I was right outside the door.

"Logan ..."

"And you know what the worst part of that statement was? . . . Jess looked happy about it! You should have seen the look on his face, Rory. It was almost the same look that I get, when someone refers to you as MY wife."

"Jess is NOT in love with me!" Rory protested, crossing her own arms over her chest, as she started her husband down.

"Jess has feelings for you! I don't know how in the world you don't see it! Because I see it! Your Mom sees it. Even Luke sees it!"

"Get real, Logan!"

"I just had a conversation about it with Luke, on Sunday."

"You did not!"

"You don't think so?! Because Luke had to talk me off a ledge! You were sitting there at your mom's house, flirting with Jess while he cooed about our daughter. It was completely obvious! I was getting ready to storm in there and kick his ass, when Luke stepped in and pulled me outside."