Chapter 84

May 3, 2017

6:00am

Huntzberger Residence

New York City, NY

"Wakey wakey!" Lorelai smiled, walking into Rory's bedroom carrying a tray of food. "Happy baby day!"

"Mom, why are you up so early? We have plenty of time." Rory groaned, opening one eye to check the time on her phone that sat on her bedside table.

"I'm up because I'm a little too excited to sleep, and because I know from experience that you are not going to be able to eat until after Ayribella is born, so I need to get some food into you now, that way it has time to digest and won't make you sick while you're in labor."

"She's got a point." Logan commented with a yawn as he stretched his arms out over his head.

"I have coffee. And it's the REAL stuff!" Lorelai told them.

"Give me!" Rory demanded, holding her arms out.

"Logan, there are eggs downstairs if you'd like them. I know better than to bring them around Rory. But I have waffles, fruit and whipped cream."

"Sounds delicious!" Logan told her.

"Luke wants to know what you would like him to bring to the hospital for you after Ayribella is born. What kind of gigantic meal sounds good to you?"

"Would he grill me a big juicy burger, with chili cheese fries, cherry pie, and a chocolate shake?"

"I'm sure that he would be more than happy to. I'll let him know."

"I have to admit that I love having Luke here. It makes me miss Stars Hollow a little bit less."

"I know exactly what you mean."

"Hey, do you think that Luke would be willing to make some Danishes while he's here?"

"I already asked."

"And?"

"He says that it's on your shopping list, right above smores."

"Nice!"

"Do you guys need anything before I go finish getting ready?"

"Not that I can think of." Logan answered as he sat up in bed, and took the breakfast tray from Lorelai, placing it down between him and Rory. "Thank you for bringing breakfast up."

"It was my pleasure. Just leave the tray here when you are done, and I'll bring it down later. Holler if you decide that you need anything." Lorelai smiled, then headed out of the room, leaving them to eat alone.