Chapter 92

May 3, 2017

8:30pm

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

New York City, New York

"Knock knock, is it alright if we come in?" Richard Gilmore's voice was heard from the doorway of Rory's and Honor's hospital room.

"Hi Grandpa!" Rory called out.

"Can we come in?"

"If you don't you are going to completely miss the party."

"We come bearing gifts." Emily said as Richard held the door open for his wife to enter.

"It's called bribes, Mother!" Lorelai chuckled.

"Grandma, those flowers are gorgeous!" Rory exclaimed, seeing the large bouquet in her grandmother's arms.

"A beautiful bouquet for a beautiful Granddaughter. We are so proud of you, Honey!"

"Thank you Grandma! This is very sweet of you."

"Honor, these flowers are for you." Richard said, carrying a bouquet over to the other bed.

"Thank you, Richard. You guys are too kind." Honor smiled, taking the offered flowers.

"You are very welcome, my dear! And I'll have you know that your home has been secured. Your parents are getting ready for bed with the help of 3 nurses, and you have two security officers at the bottom of your stairs. Collin has everything ready to go in the morning. I will escort your parents to their apartment myself, and see that they get settled. Emily will over see Rosalinda packing their things, but Bradley and the other two nurses are getting started on it tonight. Finn and Collin got some boxes, and things are being packed up as we speak. Your parents will be out of your home before 9am."

"Thank you all so much! I appreciate all of your help so much! This means a lot to me."

"Don't even mention it." Emily told her. "You just rest up, and get to feeling better. You and I have a little girl to spoil."

"That we definitely do! I feel so bad, I had all these plans to snuggle her as much as I can, but I'm just so exhausted right now."

"Well don't you worry because we aren't going to stay very long. You all need to get some rest, you've had a very exhausting day. We just couldn't go to bed tonight without coming to see the new baby for at least a few minutes."

"That is absolutely right!" Richard agreed. "Now, where is my perfect little angel at?"

"Luke has her." Logan told him.

"Hey, someone take a picture of the two Grandpas together." Honor told them.

"Yes, that is a great idea!" Emily agreed.

"I'll get it, Mom." Lorelai told her, quickly grabbing her phone from her purse. "Dad, stand with Luke so I can take a couple pictures."

"She is just perfect, isn't she?" Richard asked, as he stepped up nextt o Luke, and looked down at the little baby in his arms.

"She really is. I always think that babies are cute, but this little girlis the most beautiful baby that I've ever seen." Luke beamed.

"She's already got Luke completely wrapped around her little finger." Rory beamed.