Chapter 121

Two Days Later

Rothschild Home

"Hey Honor, can we talk?" Rory asked, walking into her kitchen to see Honor baking."

"Yeah, of course, what's going on?" Honor asked, turning to face Rory. "Maxwell just went down for a nap, so I'm all yours."

"Awesome. Let's sit. I think this may be a sitting conversion."

"Sounds ominous."

"Well . . . It's a lot to ask of you, and something that I know you never saw yourself involved in, but if you'll hear me out, I think you will agree that it's for the best. And keep in mind that this isn't forever. Just for a brief time."

"Alright? What's going on?" Honor asked as she took a seat at her kitchen table, watching as Rory sat down across from her.

"I received a once in a lifetime job offer . . ." Rory started.

"You need me to take over HPG . . ."

"Kind of . . . But hear me out. I have a really good plan. You will hardly have to even lift a finger."

"Alright? I'm listening." Honor told her.

"You remember when I went out on the campaign trail after college . . . I spent 18 months traveling with Barack Obama, as a reporter."

"Yes, I remember. We all lost contract with you back then."

"Things were really different then, and that definitely won't be happening this time . . ."

"This time? What's the job offer?"

"You know my dream of being a foreign correspondent?"

"Yes, of course. You've always wanted to be Christiane Amanpour."

"Yes, exactly! This job offer isn't exactly that, but it's pretty damn close."

"And you want to take it. What did Logan say?"

"He says that we need to set HPG up for success and leave it in capable hands..."

"When would you leave?"

"Honestly?..."Rory started, looking down at her hands, before meeting Honor's eyes again. "Next week. Logan doesn't have to leave at the same time, he can stay to wrap things up here, but I'll need  to head out pretty quick."

"You'll have to leave for a new job right away? That's crazy!"

"I know, but there is kind of a time crunch. We may be able to push things back by a week or so but we are on a time constraint, so things need to happen pretty quick."