Chapter 24

"So I was thinking that since we got my dad all settled into the rehab center, and we've still got a couple days before I have to be back at work, we should do something fun while we are in California." Logan said as they drove down the freeway.

"Logan, we have newspapers to check in on."

"I know that, but it doesn't mean that we have to spend all of our time there. We just have to meet with the editors for a couple of hours."

"Yeah, the editors of 6 different papers. That equals about 12 hours of meetings."

"And that is where you are wrong my beautiful brainy wife."

"Logan, it's simple math. 6 papers times two hours a piece. That is 12 hours of meetings. Plus drivetime. They are all 30-45 minutes apart which in California means 2 hours on the freeway between each one."

"Not if I made a phone call and got everything arranged so that there are only two meetings on two different days. And I might have set each one for 8am so that even if they ran long we could still have the entire rest of the day to have some fun."

"So you have something up your sleeve then?" Rory guessed.

"Well, I might know that you love roller coasters. And the Los Angeles area might be the home to a few of the biggest coasters in the country."

"You're serious?"

"I might have already bought us tickets to Six Flags, Knotts Berry Farm, and Disneyland."

"Logan, it's almost 1:00pm."

"And Knotts Berry Farm is right there." Logan said pointing out the window as they got off the freeway. They don't close until 11pm tonight, so we have another 10 hours of play time."

"You really are a perpetual child sometimes."

"30 years hanging with Finn had to rub off at some point." Logan laughed. "We can stuff our faces with all of the amazing theme park junk food that we can get our hands on. Funnel cakes, cotton candy, giant pretzels, churros, nachos, coney dogs, bottomless French fries."

"We are going to be so sick!"

"But we are going to have an amazing time! We might not get to take an official honeymoon right now, but I thought that since we are here anyway, we might as well enjoy ourselves."

"You are crazy, you know that, right?"

"I do know that. But you love it!"

"So we are going to Knotts Berry Farm right now, and then tomorrow we have a newspaper meeting."

"8am in Santa Clarita." Logan told her.

"And then what?"