Chapter 68

"So because Rory called Collin when the IA lady showed up to question her, the hospital is no longer allowed to communicate with you guys, and all communication has to go through your attorneys." Honor said as she walked back into Logan's bedroom, having left to answer her phone.

"That sounds about right." Logan commented.

"Collin has been dealing with utter bull shit all day."

"He's going to raise his rates."

"Oh, I don't doubt it at all.  He's had to produce your marriage license and proof of your past relationship."

"You're kidding?!" Rory asked.

"Collin is currently scrolling through 12 years of Facebook posts, from everyone we know, to screenshot proof of your healthy, loving, committed relationship."

"Oh geez!" Lorelai commented.  "That poor guy!"

"By the way Lorelai, he said he sent you a friend request that he needs you to approve."

"Seriously?!"

"He's having to submit mountains of proof, in order to flood this stupid investigation with all the evidence in the world that my brother is not abusing his wife."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Rory asked as Honor collapsed on the foot of bed next to Lorelai.

"Hey Logan, did you by any chance put Rory on your lease when you lived together in New Haven?" Honor asked.

"I wasn't even on the lease.  Dad owned the apartment."

"Hey Dad, all the stupid shit that Logan pulled in the past, those records are all sealed, right?"

"Sealed and expunged." Mitchum confirmed.

"And the boat incident?"

"Logan was never charged."

"What about Rory's?" Honor asked, looking to Rory.

"That would have just come up eligible for expungement about a year ago, I think?  Maybe just now?"

"Hold on, I'm calling Collin." Honor said as she started to get up again.

"Expunged. I took care of that a long time ago.  Rory's case was expunged after her community service was completed." Mitchum told them.

"It was?" Rory asked as both her and Lorelai looked over to Mitchum.

"The paperwork is in the safe downstairs.  I would have told you at the time, but I didn't want anyone upset at me for interfering.  I offered to handle the entire thing, but I was told to butt out.  I was planning to eventually tell you, but then you guys broke up, and I honestly forgot all about it.  You would have found out eventually had you filed for an expungement when the ten years lapsed.  I was just able to take care of it early.  It was no big deal."

"Wow!" Lorelai commented.

"Thank you." Rory told him.  "I don't even know what to say right now. I had completely forgotten all about that.  I mean, it completely makes sense now why I've been able to get the jobs I have, with a felony on my record."

"Because there's no felony on your record.  You've been a good influence on my son.  It was the least I could do."

"So what do we do now then?  Collin is having to go 12 years into the past to prove that our relationship hasn't been abusive.  That seems pretty ridiculous." Logan spoke up.