Chapter 9

"Hey You!" Rory said with a smile, answering her phone a week later.

"Hey. . . Are you home?" Logan asked in a soft voice.

"I can be if you need me to. I'm at my mom's. I figured you were working an 18 hour shift, so I took Rocky to Stars Hollow to visit mom, and run around with Paul Anka. Is everything ok?"

"It's been a really rough day." he sighed. "I just . . . I could use someone to talk to."

"I'll get in the car and be back in two hours. Want me to meet you at the hospital?"

"I am actually hoping to get out of here soon. We are staffed pretty well, so I can probably leave and they can page me if I'm needed back."

"Ok. I'll meet you at your place then?"

"Thankyou. I'm sorry to pull you away from your mom. I know you haven't had much time to go back to visit lately."

"Don't even worry about it. I told you that I would be there when you need me. I'm just holding up my end of the bargain. I'll go grab Rocky, say bye to Mom, and call you as soon as I'm on the road."

"I love you Rory." Logan said quietly.

"I love you too. I'll call you back in a few minutes, ok?"

"Thank you."

"Just try to breathe, ok? I'll be there soon." Rory said then hung up the phone, and reached for her cup of coffee that was sitting on the table next to the couch, and headed for the front door to head outside to where Lorelai was playing with the dogs, grabbing her purse on the way out. "Hey Mom, I've gotta get back to the city."

"Already?! But you just got here!" Lorelai protested.

"I know, and I'm sorry! Logan just called and he needs me. He's having a rough day."

"What's going on? Is everything ok?"

"He didn't say. He only said that he needs someone to talk to. I told him that I would jump in the car, and head back. Come here Rocky, let's get your leash on."

"Logan didn't tell you anything?"

"No, but he sounded pretty down. When we first got back together, Logan told me that some days are really hard. There are days that he's going to be angry and want to beat the crap out of the heavy bag at the gym, and then there are days when he just needs someone there to hold his hand, and love him through it. I have a feeling that today is one of those comfort days."

"Being a doctor isn't easy."

"You can definitely say that again." Rory said as she snapped Rocky's leash on, and lead him over to her car.