Chapter 64

Rory woke up in the middle of the night, gasping for air. Looking around the room, everything was dark except the glow from the clock next the bed that read 2:36am. Next to her, Logan was still asleep with his arm draped over her chest. Something felt off, she just knew it, but she wasn't sure what exactly was wrong.

"Logan. . . Logan, wake up." Rory said nudging her husband with her arm, but he just groaned. "Logan, wake up. Something is wrong."

"It's the middle of the night, go back to sleep." he mumbled, still not opening his eyes.

"Logan, come on."

"Why are you awake?"

"I had a really bad dream, and it feels like something is wrong."

"I'm sure everything is fine, go back to sleep. We can deal with it in the morning."

"Logan, I need you to wake up. Please."

"Why? What time is it?"

"It's after 2:30."

"Why are you awake?" Logan asked again, finally opening his eyes.

"I had a really bad dream, and something feels off."

"What do you mean. What's going on?"

"Do we have one of those baby monitor things?"

"Not here at the house, no. We talked about getting one, but I have one at the clinic, so we decided not to. Why? What's up?"

"Something is wrong, I can feel it."

"What do you mean something is wrong?"

"I don't know, something just feels wrong. But I don't know what it is."

"Is the baby moving?"

"Not right now. I don't feel anything."

"Did you try pushing on her?"

"I'm trying, she's not moving."

"She could just be asleep. It's the middle of the night. I'm sure everything is fine. Let's go back to sleep, we can check everything out in the morning."

"You really don't have a monitor thing?"

"No, you told me we didn't need one since I have one at the office."

"Well can you go get it?"

"Right now? Babe, it's the middle of the night."