Chapter 31

"Rory,  your house is beautiful!" I love your family room!" Stephanie said approaching Rory and Logan, with Collin and Finn right behind her.

"Thank you! My grandmother has taken over today, and completely changed everything. This place doesn't look at all like it did yesterday. She even gave me a tour of my own home a little while ago."

"Are you serious?"

"Emily has impeccable taste." Logan commented. "She's done an amazing job!"

"She should be an interior designer. I would definitely hire her to redo my house."

"You should tell her that. She loves doing this stuff." Rory told her.

"Mate, where is the man cave?" Finn asked.

"There is a game room downstairs. Take Collin and Valerie with you. I think Lane, Zach and their boys are down there." Logan answered pointing to the door to the basement stairs.

"Hey Rory, this house is gorgeous! I want your bedroom!" Sookie said as she approached the group.

"Hey Sookie! I heard you were here, but I hadn't seen you yet." Rory said giving Sookie a hug.

"I've been over at Honor's house helping her get ready for a party she's throwing for a friend. Doing two parties in one day is a lot, but at least you guys are across the street from each other. It makes things so much easier!"

"Sookie, this isn't really a party. Just a stop by to see the new house and grab a snack thing. And we are all actually going to go over to Honor's party in a little bit anyway. We just figured everyone should start here first, so we don't have to shuttle people back and forth."

"Sookie, thank you so much for all of the kitchen stuff! I can't wait to finally have a chance to actually cook something." Logan told her.

"You are so welcome, Honey! I've been collecting for Rory since she started college. I am so glad she married someone who enjoys cooking. I offered to give her lessons, you know?"

"You did? And why didn't you take her up on them?" Logan asked, looking at his wife.

"Please, I'm Lorelai's daughter. The only things I know how to make, you taught me at Yale."

"Sookie, maybe you'll have to come spend a weekend with us and teach us both." Logan told her.

"I would love that! Just let me know when a good time would be for you. After the holidays of course, unless you want to come down to the Dragonfly, and I can teach you there."

"We will definitely do that!" Logan said as Rory nudged him and pointedt oward the front door. "I'm so sorry, would you please excuse us, my parents just walked in."

"I'll catch up with you guys in a little while." Rory smiled as Logan took her hand, and led her away to say hello to his parents.