Chapter 34

"Hey Baby! Did you sleep ok?" Rory asked when Logan woke up a few hours later, and came downstairs to find her on the living room couch with a book.

"I did, but I missed you being there when I opened my eyes." Logan said giving her a kiss.

"Hey there Sleepyhead!" Luke said from the kitchen. "I hope you're hungry, dinner will be ready soon."

"It smells amazing!" Logan said looking up to see Rory's parents and April in the kitchen, working to prepare the meal together. "April, you're still here!"

"Actually Honey, I told April she could stay for another week. I hope that's ok?" Rory asked.

"Yeah, of course! You are welcome any time, April. Mi casa es su casa." Logan told her.

"Hey Logan, can I ask you something?" April asked.

"Of course you can."

"I was talking to Rory, Lorelai and Gigi last night, and I talked to Dad before that . . . I graduate from MIT in May, with a degree in biological sciences."

"Wow! That is really awesome! Congratulations! You will have to get us the information for your ceremony, so we can be there."

"Thank you, I definitely will. So I was thinking about what I want to do with my degree, and I was actually thinking of maybe trying to get a job in a hospital laboratory."

"I will definitely put in a good word for you at Columbia. Put in an application and use me as a reference. You can even live here with us for as long as you want to. Either until you get a place of your own, or even until you get married and move away. Whatever you want to do. You don't even have to worry about rent. My sister gave me a place to stay, rent free, and we'll do the same thing for you. Whatever you need, just say the word, and I'll take care of it."

"Really? Because I totally don't mind getting my own place." April told him.

"You are welcome to live here for as long as you want to. It's a big enough house, and we are happy to have you. We'll have a brand new baby, so as long as you don't mind all the crying, and baby stuff everywhere, you are definitely welcome to be here." Rory told her.

"Thanks you guys! You know Dad, I really do love having a sister! Thank you for giving me a sibling!" April said giving Luke a hug, and kissing him on the cheek.

"Awwwwwww!!!"Lorelai said with a proud smile. "That was so sweet!"

"Hey Ace, do you know where my phone is?" Logan asked. "I was looking for it upstairs, but couldn't find it in our room."

"Yeah, I actually have it." Rory said reaching for the two phones on the table next to the couch. "But before you check your messages, I need to talk to you about something."

"What happened now?" Logan asked with a sigh, lifting Rory's legs so he could sit down on the couch next to her.