Chapter 59

Friday, February 3, 2017

Huntzberger Publishing Group

11:45am

"Where do you think they went?" Lorelai asked as she stood with her parents, in the reception room.

"Probably to an office somewhere to discuss things. That was quite the bombshell." Richard told her.

"Wow, did anybody see that one coming?" Christopher asked, joining the Gilmores' conversation.

"The man had to retire sometime." Emily told them.

"But you would think that it would be something that they would have talked about. Rory and Logan knew nothing about it. Hey Doyle, where did they go?" Lorelai asked as Doyle passed by the group.

"I think they're in the clinic, but they may have gone up to Rory's office." Doyle answered.

"Did you know anything about this?"

"Not at all. I have a feeling Honor knew though. All I can say right now, is that you guys had better be prepared for a media nightmare, because it's already started outside.. If you want me to, I can get you out of here pretty easily right now, but it's going to be more challenging as it gets later in the day."

"We have Logan's party tonight." Emily told him.

"I know. I'm not sure how that is going to go over at the moment. We are beefing up security, but there is no telling what all is about to go down. Excuse me, I need to take this call." Doyle said as his phone started ringing in his hand. "You've reached Doyle."

"Lorelai, where is Luke?" Emily asked.

"He's helping Sookie with the food. Big events like this aren't really his thing."

"Hey guys, big day today!" Paris said as she joined the group.

"Hey Paris! You look great!" Lorelai told her.

"Thanks Lorelai, so do you. Hello Emily, Richard. It's been a long time."

*~* ~ * ~ * Fifteen Minutes Later * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Are you ready for this?" Logan asked as Honor and Josh followed his parents out of the clinic, surrounded by security.

"It's not like anything has changed at all. I've been doing the job for months." Rory told him.

"But?"

"But I wish we had at least known about this ahead of time. I can't believe they just dumped this on us in front of everyone.