Chapter 109

Rory exited the elevator, with Logan pushing Ayribella's stroller behind her, and looked around the office that she had last been in over two months prior. Everything was completely different. All of the dark wood with the gold accents that Mitchum had used to decorate the building, were completely gone. The walls had all been painted a shade off light gray, with brightly colored furniture added to accentuate the space. It kind of reminded Rory of the design of her Grandparents' pool house that she lived in years prior. Gone were all the cubicles that had dominated the open office space in the past, and in their place were glass walls, dividing the space into smaller offices. There was a small reception type area with a large desk, and a glass wall behind it with the words 'Huntzberger Publishing Group' etched onto it. The reception area looked cheerful and welcoming rather than the intimidating looking area downstairs.

"Wow, it's like walking into a completely different world." Logan commented as they looked around.

"It kind of reminds me of when I lived in the pool house. It's nice and inviting. Almost like a tropical retreat." Rory told him.

"I really like it. It's much more your style."

"Oh, wow, I told you I heard voices out here." Emily Gilmore said, coming around the thick glass wall behind the desk. "Rory, Logan, I didn't know that you were coming in today."

"No one did." Logan told her.

"Grandma, this place looks incredible! I can't believe that you've done all of this while I've been out!" Rory said, still looking around in awe.

"It does look pretty good doesn't it?! I am really loving how everything is coming together. I have most of this floor completed, and plans being drawn up for the next floor. Would you like a tour of your new office?"

"I would love one!" Rory told her.

"I moved everyone off of this floor, except for your immediate team. Your friend Doyle has an office up here, along with 3 others, but only Doyle is up here at the moment. Everyone else has been moved down to the fourth floor."

"Do I have an office up here?" Logan asked.

"Do you need one? Doyle said that you and Rory prefer to share. And you've got an office downstairs, don't you?" Emily asked.

"No, I don't need one at all. I was just curious."

"Well, I can probably fit you into Ayribella's room, if you would like your own space."

"Wait, Ayribella has a room?" Rory asked.

"I designed a small nursery for her, right inside your office. I extended the overall space of your office, in order to give her ample room, without taking too much space from your own office. I knew that you wanted to be able to bring your baby to the office with you, rather than having to find suitable daycare. She is young enough that she shouldn't be a problem for at least a couple of years. And when you decide that she is too old and getting into too much trouble, and it is best if she isn't here all the time, we can turn her nursery into a storage room , or something. Or we can give it to Logan as his own small office. You still have access to your personal bathroom, but I had a door added to it, so that it can be accessed from the nursery as well." Emily said as she lead them around the glass wall, and down a hallway lined with another glass wall. "These offices here are for your secretary, and a couple of other people that Doyle said are integral to the two of you. This one here, is for your attorney friend. Doyle said that he comes in to do work for you quite often, so we've given him an office."