Chapter 46

December 26, 2016

1pm

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

"Logan is going to completely freak out!" Rory said excitedly as she stood in the hospital lobby with her Grandfather, waiting while Logan was paged to meet them.

"We make a great team, you and I."

"Yes we do! You are my favorite manipulation buddy! There is no one better in the world, than you Grandpa."

"Well, my dear, you make an excellent partner! I have definitely taught you well over the years."

"Hey Ace! Richard! What are you guys doing here? Is everything ok?" Logan asked, as he approached the duo.

"Doctor Huntzberger, how are you doing this fine afternoon?" Richard asked.

"I'm doing well. How are you? If I didn't know better, I would think that you two are up to something?"

"Well, I can't say that your accusation is exactly wrong." Richard chuckled.

"Hey Babe, would you mind looking over this paperwork for me? It needs your signature, so I can get it sent out by the end of the day." Rory said, as she pulled a folder containing some paperwork out of her purse and handed it to Logan.

"What is this?" Logan asked.

"Why don't you open it and find out." Richard told him as Logan raised his eyebrows and looked at the pair questioningly.

"You two are definitely up to something . . ."

"Please, you and I both know that Grandpa would never let me do anything bad." Rory laughed as Logan slowly opened the folder to see what paperwork he had just been handed.

"No way!?! Is this for real!?!"

"Oh it's real alright!" Richard told him.

"Seriously?!"

"Uh huh!" Rory answered.

"You two managed to buy out Franklin Huntzberger?!"

"Bought him out, took him out. Potato po-tat-o." Rory told him.

"This is real? As in he's gone? Off the board? Off my last nerve? Out of my office?"

"Out of your life!" Richard confirmed. "He's moving to the Carribbean."

"No way! How much did this cost us?"

"Now what makes you think that it cost us anything?" Rory asked, feigning innocence.