Chapter 97

"Hi baby! My goodness, what in the world did your Grandmother make you wear?!" Rory asked, when she finally met up with Emily who was sitting in the kitchen holding her daughter. Ayribella was dressed in a red dress covered in embroidered flowers, and a white headband wrapped around her head that had a giant red flower attached to it.

"Don't even blame me, this was all your mother!" Emily said as Rory leaned down to kiss her baby's forehead.

"Hey, she looks adorable!" Lorelai spoke up.

"Mom, that flower on her head, is as big as her whole head!"

"Not quite."

"Close enough!"

"Hey, don't go using the 'G-word' on me! I am NOT a 'G-word'! I'm Nana Lorelai! The 'G word' is only to be used for my mother!"

"Really Lorelai? Because it's so awful to be a Grandmother?" Emily asked. "I was younger than you are now, when Rory was born."

"Really? Because I am MUCH too young to be a 'G-word'!"

"Yes Lorelai. I was 25 when you were born. You had Rory 16 years later. That made me 41. You are now 47. That is 6 years older than I was when you made me a Grandparent."

"Yeah, well, things were different back then. I am much too young and cool to be a 'G-word'." Lorelai told them.

"Rory, your Mother is being ridiculous."

"What else is new? Have you seen my house? I feel like I've walked into some crazy Mexican bar in Tiajuana." Rory commented as she looked around.

"Hey, you're welcome!" Lorelai told her.

"Rory, Honey, why don't you get yourself some dinner while your Grandmother and I take care of Ayribella." Richard spoke up. "You need to get some food in your stomach or you will be no good to your baby."

"Thanks for all your help, you guys. Logan was telling me how easy parenthood is so far. We have so much help, it's almost like living in the Twilight Zone."

"Well learn to enjoy it while it lasts, because one day a few months down the road, it'll be just the two of you, falling flat on your faces, calling me in tears, begging me to come help you." Lorelai told her.

"And I'm sure that you will jump in the car, and be here as soon as possible." April commented.

"You are damn right, I will!"

"And your Grandmother and I will be here all the time as well." Richard added.

"Your Grandfather is loving working in your office Rory. He's having a great time getting into the swing of things." Emily told her Granddaughter.