Chapter 6

The next morning Lorelai woke up to the delicious smell of food wafting its way thru the apartment. Having no idea where it was even coming from, she slowly slid out of bed, careful to not wake her daughter, and quietly made her way out of the bedroom.

"Well Good Morning Sleepy Head!" Christopher greeted her enthusiastically.

"What am I smelling? I know for a fact that you can't cook at all, so where in the world is that delicious smell coming from?"

"It was just delivered from a restaurant in town. I know that Rory is our daughter, and therefore doesn't keep any kind of real food in her house. So I called this restaurant in the city that I used to go to that has amazing breakfast, and I had them deliver."

"Is there coffee?"

"Do I look crazy to you?"

"I'll go get Rory."

"I'll get everything set up for us." Christopher told her as Lorelai turned back toward Rory's bedroom to go wake their daughter up.

"Hey Rory?" Lorelai started as she walked back into the room, and gently shook Rory. "Honey, your dad ordered breakfast. You should come eat something."

"What time is it?" Rory asked as she opened her eyes.

"Uh. . . Wow, it looks like it's 10:00."

"Ok. You said Dad cooked breakfast? I didn't knew he knew how to cook?"

"He doesn't. He ordered from somewhere in the city, and had them deliver. He said it was a restaurant that he used to go to that has amazing breakfast."

"Well it definitely smells good."

"Do you want to go eat? How are you feeling?"

"I have a headache, and my arm hurts."

"Why don't you go out to your Dad and get situated, and I'll get your medication."

"I can do that." Rory agreed as Lorelai pulled the blankets to the side, and helped Rory out of bed. "Is there coffee?"

"I asked that too."

"And?"

"He asked if he looked crazy."

"That's really not helpful." Rory said scrunching her face up quizzically.

"I'm sure your dad got coffee. I don't think he's brave enough to withhold it."

"Sweet! I just need to use the bathroom first."

"Do you need any help?"