Chapter 57

"Mrs. Huntzberger, what would you say has been your biggest struggle since coming to HPG?" a reporter asked as Rory and Logan tackled the press line outside the office.

"Honestly, I've had it pretty easy here. I have a wonderful team in place that I was pretty much able to hand pick. When I was asked to step in when my father in-law had his first heart attack, Logan and I sat down and discussed everything he thought I would need. I was able to immediately hire a friend of mine from when I worked at the Yale Daily News. We were both editors of the paper, and he was working for The Wall Street Journal, so I knew that bringing him in with me would be extremely beneficial. With both of our past experience, with me having been at The Times, we just make an amazing team. And I of course have Logan's lifetime of experience with the company to fallback on. We really have some amazing teams in place here, and they've made my transition super easy." Rory answered

"Have you had to make any staffing changes?"

"I haven't had to make too many. The biggest change has been that it has taken several people to replace Mitchum. He did so much for this company, that I have had to add several people to help me cover all of the work he did every day."

"Do you speak to Mitchum often? Has he been helping to train you to take on your new position?"

"I actually see Mitchum almost every day, but we don't discuss work at all. As a family, we've decided that it is in Mitchum's best interest to remain distanced from all things business. We don't want to jeopardize his recovery in any way. Logan has taken over his phone and computer, and we've been fielding all of the calls and emails he received. Everything goes through the two of us. Stressing Mitchum out with business isn't at all conductive to his health and continued recovery. We have to put him, and our family's future first, so we've chosen to more or less live two completely separate lives. When we are home, or with family, business is the very last thing on our minds. Luckily, separating the two has been pretty easy for us to do."

"So you haven't had any help from the former CEO at all?"

"Not at all."

"Do you get along well with your new family? You and Logan are newlyweds, right?"

"We are technically, but we've been together on and off for a really long time. We've all known each other since Logan and I were in college, and Logan's family has been friends with mine since way before that. We've of course all had our differences over the years, but we work really well together. We're family. Logan and his sister are incredibly close. We actually live across the street from her, and Mitchum has been staying with her throughout his treatment, so we are all together a lot. Definitely more than I ever expected us to be."

"Do your families get along well?"

"They actually really do. My grandfather recently joined our board here at HPG. Him and my Grandmother have been friends with Mitchum and his wife for a couple decades. My Grandfather is an incredible businessman himself, so having his expertise on our board has been invaluable! And my parents are just amazing! My Mom and I are extremely close, and she's now super close with Logan's sister as well."

"It's like having a second set of parents that I never realized I needed." Logan added. "Rory's family is absolutely amazing. We are so lucky to have them."