Chapter 22

"Hey Doctor Huntzberger, I didn't expect to see you today!" Kimberly Watson said, looking up from her computer as Logan and Rory walked into her office. "It's Rory, right? How are you guys doing today? I hear your dad is doing really well."

"We are good, we are on our way up to see him, but I wanted to come talk to you first. I need to adjust my contact information and stuff. Rory and I got married a couple days ago, so I need to add her to all of my paperwork." Logan told her.

"Wow! Congratulations! We can definitely get Rory added! It's all really easy actually. All you have to do is log into your account on the employee website and add her right there. The only thing I need from you is a copy of your marriage license, and Rory's ID and social security card."

"I have those for you." Logan said handing Kimberly the paperwork she needed. "I also have a question, and you can feel free to tell me no."

"Excellent! Are these copies that I can have, or are they originals that you need me to make copies of?"

"They are copies that you can have. The originals we left at home."

"Perfect! What is your question?"

"Hypothetically, would it be possible to maybe drop down to part-time after I come back from leave?"

"What do you mean by part time?"

"I was thinking of maybe cutting back to only 3 days a week instead of the 5-10 days straight that I've been working."

"Well depending on how many hours you want to work, we wouldn't necessarily need to drop you down to part time. I know that you've been on a rotating schedule to help cover shifts and then you've also volunteered to be on call whenever you're needed, so you've been working some crazy hours. We can definitely move you to a more permanent schedule if you need to. We should have the coverage we need. How many hours were you thinking you wanted, because if you worked three 12 shifts, you would be getting 36 hours, which is still full-time. Keeping your full-time status keeps all of your benefits the same."

"Rory, what do you think about three 12 hour shifts?" Logan asked.

"That sounds great if that is what you want."

"I think it might be easier with helping you out at HPG. I can work 3 days here, then do another 3 at the office, and still have one day off to spend with just you. Isn't that what you were saying the other night?"

"Only if that is what you really want."

"You can always try it for a while, and if it doesn't work, we can adjust things again." Kimberly told them. "Why don't you talk to Doctor Greenley, and you guys can work out a schedule that works for everyone. Just e-mail me whatever you decide, and I will put it into the master schedule."

"I will definitely do that. Thank you so much for everything this week. We really appreciate everything that you and everyone else at this hospital has been doing for us."