Chapter 42

"Hey Rory, is it ok if my Mom come on Wednesday, instead of Friday?" April asked, walking into Rory's bedroom where she was sitting on the bed folding laundry.

"Yeah, of course! That would be great!" Rory said, seeing April holding the phone to her ear. "Are you talking to her right now?"

"Yeah, do you want to say hi?"

"I would love to!"

"Mom, I'm putting you on speaker. Rory wants to say hi." April said, plopping down on the bed next to her sister, and hitting the button on her iPhone, to put it on speaker, then setting the phone on the bed.

"Hi Anna, how are you?" Rory asked.

"I'm good Honey, how are you? Are you guys all ready for Christmas?"

"I'm doing great! We're almost ready. April and I are going to be doing some more shopping later today. I am so excited that you are coming to visit! Is there anything that we can do or get for you, to make your visit easier or more comfortable?"

"Thank you Sweetie, but I'm pretty easy going. I'm sure everything will be great."

"Did April tell you that we are all going to see The Nutcracker on Friday?"

"She did not. That will be so fun! The Nutcracker is my favorite!"

"That's what April was telling me the other day. It's going to be so much fun!"

"It definitely is. Honey, I hear that you are pregnant with a little girl. Is there anything that you need for the baby? I absolutely LOVE baby shopping! It's one of my favorite things in the world! Have you picked out a nursery theme yet?"

"I actually have no idea what I need. My Mom and Grandmother have been going crazy buying things. The theme I chose is The Secret Garden. It was my favorite book growing up, and it's going to be so amazing with all the pretty flowers and greenery."

"I love that! April and I love The Secret Garden too! I can totally picture a beautiful baby nursery, right out of the movie garden."

"Yes!!! That is exactly what I was thinking! I've been on Pinterest for the last month, pinning all kinds of ideas, and ordering a ton of stuff. We're going to use the same theme for my baby shower too. We figure we can use a lot of the same decorations."

"That is a great idea! I would love to help you with it, if that's alright with you?"

"I would love your help! Thank you so much for offering!"

"Listen girls, I've got to get going. I have some work to finish up, but I'll see you both in a couple of days, alright?"

"I am so excited! Just text me your train information, and we'll be there to pick you up." April told her.