Chapter 52

"Alright Doyle, what's going on?" Rory asked as she stepped out of the elevator with Logan Monday morning, to find Doyle waiting on them.

"There was a large shipment delivered for the clinic on Friday."

"Alright, where is it?" Logan asked.

"Downstairs, in the clinic. The hospital is sending over a shipment of supplies this morning. They should be arriving in the next hour. Friday's events are a go, the formal announcement went out in the papers this morning, and press invites are scheduled to go out at noon."

"What time is the furniture delivery coming?" Rory asked.

"They just called a little while ago and said they would be here by ten."

What about the PI I texted you about yesterday?" Logan asked.

"The guy we normally use is on vacation, so I called your buddy Collin. He's taking care of it."

"That's perfect! See, I told you we should have just called Collin." Rory chirped as they walked into her office.

"I just didn't have time for an explanation, and I figured the guy HPG normally uses is just as good." Logan explained.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, Collin didn't ask me for any explanations." Doyle told them.

"Well, it's not like you had one to give in the first place."

"Collin also said to tell you that he would see you at noon for lunch."

"Oh that's perfect! Free labor!" Rory beamed.

"It's not free. We are going to have to explain everything to Collin." Logan reminded her.

"Oh boo hoo! We have to explain to our attorney what happened at family weekend. Go get some beer, and we can make Collin help us get your office ready."

"I don't want to know, do I?" Doyle asked.

"In all honesty?" Rory started. "Probably not. It's a LONG story. Let's just be glad that no one is in jail, and that the one person who probably should be, is dead."

"Yeah, I'm going to leave that one alone." Doyle chuckled.

"So what else is going on this morning?" Rory asked.

"Sylvester has called 4 times in the last hour."

"It's only 8am. Technically the business day doesn't even start until 9."

"I wish I knew, but he refuses to tell me."

"What the hell could he possibly want?" Logan asked.