Chapter 74

Thursday March 30, 2017

Rothschild Home

"What time is Mom getting in tomorrow?" Logan asked as he helped Honor make a bed in one of her guest rooms.

"10am. Are you still able to do the second airport run?"

"I'm having Frank do it. 1pm, right?"

"I believe so. Jimmy and Helen are flying in with their parents."

"Is anyone else coming?"

"Not this time. I didn't want to overwhelm mom or Rory. If all goes well, maybe after the babies are born, we can all take a trip out to Oklahoma to see everyone."

"They aren't staying here, right?"

"No, they are staying at the DoubleTree. I thought about letting them stay here, but they are complete strangers to us. They may be family, but it's a little weird. Mom hasn't seen any of them in over 37 years, and you and I have never met them. I kind of feel bad, but I just don't really feel right about having people we don't know staying in our home. I would have had all of us meet them at the hotel or something, but Rory is on bedrest, and I didn't want Mom uncomfortable with nowhere to escape to if she needs to get away."

"So what is the plan for this weekend?"

"Mom will be here with her therapist at ten. Gayle is staying for a week before going back to California. This weekend, we help Mom reconnect with her parents, brother and sister, and then they fly back on Monday. Did you get Mom's birthday cake ordered?"

"Lorelai is bringing it up on Saturday."

"Sookie?"

"Who else? You told me to order a cake, and that is the only place that I know of to get a cake."

"You can get cakes at the grocery store, but that was definitely the best choice."

"Maybe we should have hired Sookie to come up and cook for everyone this weekend."

"I actually thought about that, but I didn't want to pull her away from her family. I'm having Mirabello's cater tomorrow, and then Saturday I got La Puerta, and Sunday we'll go out somewhere unless you want to order something. I figured with Rory being on bed rest I would leave you Sunday to spend with your wife. I'm happy to entertain Mom's family by myself for a day so you two can have some time together."

"It's fine. Lorelai is coming up to hang out with Rory so I can help you with the family stuff. Rory isn't exactly Mom's favorite person and she doesn't want to interfere with Mom's birthday, or Mom reconnecting with her family. She'll come over with Emily for a little while tomorrow, but then she's going to go back home and hang out with her Mom and Grandparents. They have a lot of stuff going on with finishing the addition."