Chapter 50

"So what's the plan?" Rory asked as she followed Logan into their hotel room.

"We're leaving." Logan answered angerly.

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Why wouldn't it be? I'm not going to stay here, and allow those vultures to treat you like trash!"

"Logan, how is this any different than the way they've always treated me? We expected this, didn't we?"

"How are you so calm right now?! Did you hear what they said?!"

"Oh, I heard it! Trust me, I heard it, and it's nothing that they haven't said several times before. You parents and grandfather have always thought that I was a gold digging wench. But it's amusing to know that one of the reasons they've always treated me so badly, is because of your mother's family. It sounds to me like your mom didn't have much growing up, and managed to marry rich because she got pregnant. But you know what the big difference between your mom and I is?"

"That you aren't the gold digging witch that she is?!"

"I didn't come from a poor family. I came from a rich family, but was raised without the money because that's what my mother chose for me. We could have had money handed to us at any time. My mom was brought up with plenty of money. She had everything handed to her, just like you did. And look how you feel about it."

"I've never been like her."

"Do you want to try that statement again?"

"I am nothing like them!"

"But you were . . . When we first met, you were that person. You used to speak to people like they were beneath you. Just like your parents."

"I was never that bad."

"Are you sure about that? Because I distinctly remember calling you Judy Dench, and explaining to you that just because somebody doesn't have money, or a fancy family, it doesn't mean that they are inferior to you. Some people have to work, you, me, my mom, my family. Your mom lucked out, and married into money. But you heard your Dad earlier, he actually had to work growing up, while he helped Elias build the company from the ground up. He didn't have things handed to him the way he does now."

"But that still doesn't excuse the way they've treated you!"

"No, you're absolutely right, it doesn't excuse them at all."

"You're my wife Rory, you deserve to be treated better than that. You deserve some respect!"

"Well, the good news is that we are in a really good place right now . . ."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your mother's therapist just saw your parents' true colors."