Chapter 8

"Rory, your father tells me that you are dating a doctor." Francine asked as they sat having lunch with Christopher and Gigi.

"He told you that?" Rory asked.

"Have things changed?" Christopher asked.

"No, but we just got back together last night."

"So you've dated this doctor before?" Francine asked.

"We dated in college, but haven't seen each other in over 8 years. We just reconnected a couple days ago."

"Your father says he's the doctor who fixed your injury."

"Yes he was."

"Did it hurt?" Gigi asked.

"It did, but he numbed me really well before stitching me up."

"Why do you have a cast if you only got stitches?" Francine asked.

"Because Logan knows me too well." Rory sighed.

"Rory is a lot like Lorelai." Christopher answered. "Doctor Huntzberger knows that she's a hard worker and doesn't let anything hold her back. He was afraid that if he didn't put a cast on it to immobilize her hand, Rory would go back to working like crazy, and all the typing and stuff she does would cause the stitches to pop, and she would be right back in the ER."

"But if he is as hot as I've heard, you can't really blame Rory for finding a way to go back." Gigi said with a small laugh.

"You and I will talk later." Rory whispered, leaving over toward her younger sister. "He's gorgeous!"

"So Rory, what else is new with you?" Francine asked.

"Not much. I've just been working a lot. I'm a features writer for the New York Times. I mostly just work."

"But you are taking some time off because of your injury?"

"Yes, I'm having to take a couple weeks."

"Any fun plans in the works?"

"Nothing too fun yet. Dad wants me to go look at a new car with him, and mom is going to hang out with me so I have help."

"What about your young Doctor?"

"Logan works a lot. I'll see him when he's available."

"What hospital is he at?"

"Columbia Presbyterian."

"That is an excellent hospital! One of the best in the city." Francine told her.