Chapter 76

"Don't worry about it Honey, I'll get the door." Richard said as he held the door open for Rory and Emily as they all entered Honor 's house. "Let me take your coats too. I'll hang them up while you go get settled."

"It sounds like the rest of the family is here." Honor commented as Logan immediately got up and headed for the foyer.

"Hey, how was your nap?" Logan asked as Emily helped Rory out of her coat, handing it to Richard along with her own.

"Hey Babe! It was good. I feel a lot less tired. " Rory answered as Logan kissed her. "How are things going over here?"

"They're going well. We've just been catching up. Richard, Emily why don't you go get settled in the living room and I'll be in with Rory in a moment. I just want to check her monitors and stuff after the walkover."

"Is there a chair for Rory, or should I grab one?" Richard asked as Logan led Rory through the house.

"Rory can take mine, but we'll need to grab a couple more."

"Logan, I've got it." Honor told him as she got up from her seat and followed him into the kitchen.

"Honor, you still have that extra medical bag here, right?"

"It's in the cupboard above the stove." Honor said as she grabbed a chair from the table and took it to the living room, with Richard grabbing two more.

"Everyone, this is Richard and Emily Gilmore, they are Rory's Grandparents. You will meet Rory in just a minute, she's getting a checkup in the other room. Richard, Emily, this Helen, and Jimmy, mom's brother and sister, and their parents Dedrick and Maggie."

"Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you all." Emily greeted everyone as she took a seat next to Shira.

"It's nice to meet you as well." Helen told her. "Do you guys live nearby?"

"Not officially. Not yet anyway." Richard answered. "We live a couple of hours south of here, in Hartford, but we come up to visit our Granddaughter quite often.

"Logan and Rory are adding an addition onto their house to give Richard and Emily their own private apartment for when they come to visit." Honor explained. "I believe it will be done in the next few weeks."

"As long as everything goes according to plan." Emily confirmed.

"How far away do Logan and Rory live?" Dedrick asked.

"Actually, they are right across the street." Honor answered. "Logan and I have always been very close, so when he married Rory and they started looking for a home to buy, we thought that it might be fun to be in the same neighborhood. Things actually worked out perfectly because the family across the street was downsizing, and Rory and Logan fell in love with their house, so now Josh and I have them super close by."

"The kids go back and forth several times a day." Shira added. "It makes visiting very easy for Mitchum and I."