Chapter 65

Monday March 6, 2017

8:00am

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

"How long have they been asleep?" Paris asked as she walked into Rory's room with Wendy, to see Rory snuggled up against Logan in the bed.

"A couple hours. I didn't have the heart to wake them. Her stats haven't changed since she arrived, and he isn't hindering the monitors, so we left them alone."

"He knows enough to not be there if he was messing things up. They're one of those freakish couples that are always touching. It's nauseating."

"They're sweet. Doctor Huntzberger seems like a good husband."

"He can be an ass."

"You know him better than I do."

"You realize that I can hear you, right?" Logan asked, opening his eyes to look at Paris.

"You think that I actually care?" Paris asked.

"Are Rory's results in?"

"I have them right here." Paris said walking over, and handing Logan a file folder. "She'll be on bed rest until further notice. Have you talked to Lorelai?"

"Not yet."

"Do you want me to call her?"

"If you want to. We haven't told anyone we're here. I texted my sister to bring computers and phone chargers when she wakes up, but I haven't heard back yet."

"I have a charger in my office that I can bring you if you need it."

"Do you want to keep her here, or can we go home?"

"I'm keeping her for the day, for further testing. You can go home tomorrow."

"So you think it's gestational hypertension."

"It puts her at risk for pre-eclampsia."

"So what's the plan?"

"Right now I'm thinking weekly checkups, home monitoring, and probably an early delivery."

"How early?"

"Two to three weeks depending on how she's doing. We'll discuss it once we get her to 30 weeks. Right now, the goal is to make it another 6 weeks without going into labor. The good news is that even if she did go into labor right now, or if we had to do an emergency delivery, our NICU is equipped to take care of the baby. But the closer we can get to 30 weeks, the better. 35-37 weeks is more ideal. I'll give her a steroid shot at 30 weeks to help develop the baby's lungs. Right now, I am going to put her on blood pressure medication to help keep her numbers low."