Chapter 43

"Grandma! Grandpa! I am so happy to see you!" Rory said, as she ushered her grandparents into her home Friday morning.

"Rory, you look lovely! Richard, look how much the baby has already grown, just since last week!" Emily said as she hugged her granddaughter then leaned down placing a hand on her stomach. "Hi there Sweet baby girl! Grandma is so excited to meet you in just a few more months!"

"Rory, are you going to take that? Grandma just called you fat!" Lorelai said nudging Rory as she stepped up behind her.

"I did no such thing!" Emily argued! Rory looks lovely! I just commented that the baby is growing."

"And making Rory fat."

"Lorelai, I swear! Rory, I would never call you fat. Please ignore your mother. I am simply excited to have a new baby join our family in the spring."

"I know Grandma. Mom is an instigator. Come on in. Hi Grandpa!" Rory said giving her Grandfather a hug, then following everyone into the living room.

"Rory, Honey, your house looks gorgeous!" Richard said as he looked around, admiring all the Christmas decorations that had been put up since their last visit.

"Thank you Grandpa!"

"Where is Logan this morning?"

"Logan is at work. He got called in around 4am. He should be home around lunch time."

"Poor guy! He must be exhausted!" Emily commented.

"I talked to him about an hour ago. He's going to take a nap when he gets home, that way he's somewhat rested before we go see The Nutcracker tonight."

"Well, it's only 10 right now. What should we do while we wait for Logan?"

"Actually, I was hoping that maybe you could do something for me."

"And what would that be?"

"Logan and I were hoping that maybe you could do a little damage control . .."

"Damage control?" Richard asked.

"Mitchum was a complete jerk at lunch the other day. Between trying to weasel his way back into HPG and throwing me out, insinuating that the gifts I bought my parents aren't good enough, and then being completely hyper focused on me being Lorelai Gilmore's illegitimate child, that he has completely forgotten that I'm a Hayden, and a hell of a lot better and more blue blooded than his entire family combined, he's been a total pain in the butt lately!"

"What did Logan have to say about it?"

"Logan ripped into him! He's REALLY mad!"

"Well don't you worry your pretty little head. Your Grandfather and I will take care of it. Maybe we'll even let Francine have a crack at him."