Chapter 90

May 3, 2017

6:30pm

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

"Hey, I hope you guys don't mind too much, but I brought you a visitor." Paris said, popping her head into Rory's hospital room.

"Paris, we told you that you could bring Doyle by." Logan told her.

"It's not Doyle. At least not yet. It's kind of a long story, but there has been a slight change in tonight's plans. I actually have two semi-permanent visitors for you. I could put them in another room, but I figured doing that would just agitate the situation, so I didn't think that you would mind sharing."

"What? I'm confused." Rory said, looking to Logan who looked equally as confused.

"Bring her in." Paris said, waving her hand out the door, then stepping aside and holding the door open wide as a nurse pushed Honor into the room in a wheel chair with Josh right behind them.

"Hey guys." Honor said softly, giving them a shy wave.

"What's going on?" Logan asked, immediately getting up from where he sat on the bed with Rory and heading across the room toward his sister.

"To make a long story short, there was some family drama and Honors blood pressure shot up. She's also having contractions. I'm pretty sure that they are Braxton hicks, but I am admitting her overnight for observation." Paris explained. "I can put her in another room if you want me to, but I figured that if I did that then you two would be going back and forth between rooms all night, and no one wants any of you doing that. So if it's alright, I thought you could share since this room is big enough. There are curtains we can use to divide it for privacy if you want to. It's up to you Rory, I can put her next door."

"No it's perfectly fine. Honor, are you doing ok?" Rory asked.

"I thought that I was. I was trying to deal with our nightmare parents, and Lorelai said that she was concerned about me not looking too well, and since Logan wasn't there to play doctor, she called Paris, and now I'm here. I'm so sorry you guys. This isn't how I wanted to meet your new baby tonight. I don't want to invade your space. I don't mind getting my own room."

"Honor, don't be ridiculous. You know that Logan would never allow that. You can stay here with us. I really don't mind.  Do you want to meet your niece?"

"I do. I really do, but do you mind if Paris gets me settled first, before I hold her?"

"Well you have to at least say hi to her." Logan said as he stepped behind the wheelchair and maneuvered his sister over to Rory's bed, with Josh right behind them. Rory shifted the baby in her arms, propping her up for Honorand Josh to see her face.

"You guys, she is gorgeous! She is even more beautiful than the pictures Lorelai showed everyone."

"She looks just like Rory." Josh told them.

"Hey guys, I've got a bed being brought in for Honor. I'm going to put it on the other side of the room, if that's alright." Paris told them.

"Knock yourself out, Paris. If we decide we want it closer, I'll move it myself." Logan told her. "What can I do to help?"

"You mean other than bonding with your daughter?"

"Come on Paris, you know me. What does my sister need? You know that I can't sit back and do nothing."

"I need to get her up on the monitors."