Chapter 13

10:30am

Huntzberger Mansion

Hartford, Connecticut

"Wow, you weren't joking!" Lorelai said as Richard pulled up to the gate of the Huntzberger estate.

"The gate should be opening." Logan told her as he pushed a button in the foyer.

"No one is going to follow us in, right?"

"They should know better than to set foot onto private property. Anyone who comes through the gate can and will be arrested. Go to the garage on the left. I am opening the door right now. Just pull right in. Don't open your doors until the garage door is secure."

"Wow, you are a professional!"

"Not my first rodeo. We only use this garage for situations like this. The regular garage is around the corner. I'm on my way to you." Logan said as he hung up the phone, while walking down a long hallway, then turning a corner, and opening the door to the garage. "Welcome to the bunker!"

"This is impressive!" Richard said looking around at the black walls of the empty garage.

"Dad had it made as impossible as he could for outsiders to get any kind of view. It is literally pitch black without the light on. The light stays off when the outside door is open, and only comes on once it is secured in place. It guarantees zero visuals of anything other than the car that entered."

"I didn't even know there was a garage here until I saw the wall move."

"That is the best part." Logan told him.

"It's like Fort Knox!" Lorelai told them as she pulled some bags out of the car, and Richard grabbed a box from the trunk.

"Lorelai, you've never been here, have you?"

"Nott hat I know of. But I've heard it's gorgeous."

"Mom and Dad normally have a staff here, but I sent them all home yesterday, until further notice."

"We should throw a rager!"

"It wouldn't be the first time I've done that." Logan laughed.

"Sounds like this place has seen some action." Richard chuckled.

"You can definitely say that." Logan agreed. "Come on inside. Rory is in the kitchen."

"Wow! This place has a kitchen too!?!" Lorelai said in a fascinated childish voice.

"Yeah, we just got one! It cost us a fortune to have it invented!" Logan said as he lead them into the house to where Rory was waiting.

"Hey Mom! Hey Grandpa! Thank you so much for coming!"