Chapter 71

"Logan, how long have you been married now?" Mitchell asked as the family sat in Mitchum's office discussing Logan's current predicament.

"Five months." Logan answered confidently.

"But you've been with Rory for years as I recall. You dated in college didn't you?"

"We did, for 3 years."

"How long have you been together total?"

"That is a complicated answer. It depends on how you look at things."

"What does that mean?" Gilbert asked.

"Rory and I went our separate ways after college. I moved to California for work, and Rory got a job working on Barack Obama's Presidential Campaign."

"No kidding? So Rory has quite the credentials then." Ronald commented.

"Rory's resume is outstanding!" Mitchum proudly shared.

"So you broke up after college, and how long were you apart?" Mitchell asked.

"Eight and a half years." Logan answered.

"So you've been together again for how long now?"

"About 6 months."

"Wait a minute . . ." Ronald started. "You've been together for 'about 6 months' and married for 5 of them?"

"That's right." Logan confirmed.

"Mitchum, you allowed this?" Gilbert asked, completely baffled by the whole situation.

"Would you like to hear something even scarier?" Mitchum asked his friends.

"What's that?" Gilbert questioned.

"There's no prenup."

"Logan did WHAT!?!" Ronald suddenly exploded, causing Mitchum to chuckle.

"I don't believe in prenups." Logan said as he casually shrugged his shoulders.

"Well ,I guess the good news about that one is that if their union doesn't work out, that leaves Logan entitled to exactly half of the Gilmore and Hayden fortunes. Meaning that Mitchum's little family has just moved up in the world." Mitchell told them.

"Honor doesn't have one either, and she married a Rothschild." Logan added.

"Mitchum, what the hell is wrong with your children?! You clearly didn't raise them properly to allow such a hefty mistake to happen!" Ronald told him.