Chapter 32

"So you want to hear ridiculous?" Honor asked crouching down next to her brother as he sat talking to friends.

"What's up?" Logan asked.

"Mom just went to bed."

"You're serious?!?"

"I tried to get her to wait until after we find out the baby's gender and she told me that Dad or I could tell her later."

"I should go yell at her."

"Normally I would let you, but this is your party, and I want you to enjoy it. Let me handle mom this time."

"She hasn't even talked to me since you brought them to see the house earlier, and even then they didn't really say anything. Dad snapped at me for not letting them see the house sooner and mom said exactly 4 words to Rory in that snidely fake tone she uses. I immediately snapped at them, and told them that they can either respect my wife, or get the hell out of our house and out of our lives. Obviously we know which choice Mom decided to make."

"It's fine. Just ignore her. Don't let Mom get to you. I heard that Donna asked to be an honorary Grandma to your baby."

"She did. It was very kind of her. It means a lot to both of us."

"Donna is amazing. She spoils her grand kids like crazy."

"I know, I've seen it. I really like her."

"Donna adores you. So forget about mom and Dad. You've got Donna and Grayson, and they are so much better than our selfish parents."

"Do you think we should tell Rory?"

"No. You can tell her when you get home. We don't need to ruin her night. I'm going to kick mom to the curb first thing in the morning. I have to take Dad back to rehab anyway, so I'll rip into her first."

"You could just kick her out tonight."

"I could, but there are too many witnesses. I don't really want an audience for her crap."

"You shouldn't have to deal with their crap while you're pregnant."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I have over 30 years of experience in dealing with Mom. Tonight is about you and Rory. You need to just focus on being happy and enjoying yourselves."

"I'm doing my best. But this crap irritates me."

"I know it does. But I've got your back no matter what. Everything is going to be just fine. I promise!"

"Thanks Honor. For everything. I'm really excited that you're finally pregnant. I know how much you've been wanting this."