Chapter 27

Two hours later

Manhattan, New York

"We are turning on your street now, which one is yours?" Lorelai asked as they drove down the street toward Rory and Logan's new house.

"Go to the very end of the street, and we are the gray house on the left. The white one on the right is Honor and Josh."

"Oh, it's pretty! I like the color. That bay window is a great touch."

"That would be the dining room. It's beautiful! There is a ton of furniture that we'll need to buy."

"Maybe we can go tomorrow." Lorelai said as Luke parked in thedriveway, and they both got out of the car.

"Hey Rory!" Luke greeted his daughter as she met them in the driveway. "We brought dinner."

"You didn't have to do that. Thank you Dad!"

"I brought pots and pans to cook because I wasn't sure if we would be able to find yours."

"Have I told you lately that I love you?"

"It's what Dads do."

"I'll call Logan and let him know. I think he was going to pick up food on the way home."

"I actually already talked to him. He's on his way." Lorelai said coming around the car to hug her daughter. "How are you feeling Sweetie?"

"I'm a little tired, but I got a nice nap at the hospital during and after the MRI. I've been supervising Honor and Josh while they unpack. Logan has them babysitting me."

"I can't believe you got hurt again!"

"Yeah, well, stuff happens. If Logan had been home when it happened, I wouldn't have had to go to the hospital. Honor took me because she wanted Logan to look at it, and didn't want to wait until he got home."

"At least with a sprain, you should be feeling better within the next couple days." Lorelai said as they heard the garage door open behind them.

"It looks like Logan is home." Rory said looking up to see his car his car coming down the street, and pull into the driveway. "Hey Babe! You've got perfect timing!"

"I see that." Logan said walking out of the garage to greet his in-laws. "Hey Lorelai, Luke, thanks for coming!"

"You are very welcome! Thanks for letting us come. I am dying to see this house! Rory has been telling me about it, but I couldn't wait any longer to get here."

"Just in case I forget to say it later, thank you for taking care of Rocky while we're gone."