Chapter 119

A Couple Months Later

Huntzberger Publishing Group

"Hey Rory, your appointment is here." Doyle said, popping his head into Rory's office on his way down the hall.

"Ok, I'm just finishing feeding Ayribella, but I'll be ready in a few minutes. Are they down in reception?"

"No, they're up here in the waiting room. I can bring them back when you are ready."

"That's ok Doyle, I don't mind walking out there. Do you know who it is? I haven't had a chance to look at the schedule."

"It's an old friend of yours from your campaign days."

"Oh! Did you get a name?"

"His name is Joe."

"Joe? Uh... Hmmmmmmm... I'm tryingto remember a Joe being on the trail with me."

"You will recognize him the second you see him. Is there anything that I can do for you? Do you need any coffee?"

"Coffee would be great. Thank you Doyle."

"No problem. I can take Ayribella for you when you are done, if you'd like."

"She's almost asleep, but thank you."

"Alright, I am going to go grab your coffee."

"Thank you Doyle." Rory smiled, looking back down at the baby in her arms as he left. "Come on Sweet Girl, it's time to finish up. Mommy has someone waiting."

Rory let Ayribella nurse for a couple more minutes before going to put her down to sleep in the nursery connected to her office, and closing the door. Rory grabbed the baby monitor off her desk, making sure to turn it on to a low volume before heading out of her office to greet her appointment.

"Mr. Biden!" Rory said, completely shocked by who she found waiting for her outside her office. "Wow, my assistant wasn't kidding when he said an old friend from my campaign days was here."

"Rory, it is so great to see you." Mr. Biden smiled, giving Rory a quick hug. "You remember my wife, right?"

"I do. how are you Jill?"

"I am doing wonderful! How are you, Honey?" Jill asked as she wrapped Rory in a hug.

"I am fabulous! Surprised to see you, but thrilled that you are both here. Come on in. Would you like some coffee or something to eat? We have all kinds of snacks here."

"Thank you Rory, coffee would be great."