Haikyuu - Friend-Ships

I could hear the pounding of their shoes on the floor as they ran down the hallway, late for class yet again. Their voices shouted encouragement to each other until a teacher finally shouted at them to quiet down and quit running. I ducked my head when I saw them slowly pass the open doorway of my classroom, their faces covered in huge grins as they whispered to each other.

I had been spending a lot of my time watching both Tanaka-senpai and Nishinoya-senpai lately. I'd never seen such a duo before, both filled with so much determination to succeed and the energy to keep them going until they did. I'd never held such a strong desire to befriend guys before, but I knew I had to become closer to this pair.

Slowly counting the steps they took, I finally deemed it safe to raise my head up again, having finally gotten the blush under control. It was hard watching such an energetic duo pass by every day as they went to and from classes, especially when they were excited about upcoming matches or some club training event.

Letting out a soft sigh, I pulled out my notebook and started writing in it as the other students waited for the teacher to finish taking attendance.

--------

After classes ended, I watched as they ran into the gym to begin practicing, their loud shouts echoing in the large building. I peeked carefully through the window, taking note how close they stood as they talked to the new duo that had joined the team. The bright and sunny Hinata and the tall and somewhat creepy Kageyama. What a pair of opposites, but somehow they worked as a team while on the court.

I still preferred to watch my favored pair together, as they were able to get along on and off the volleyball court, seemingly able to lift each others spirits from the deepest depths of despair. I took note of how they behaved around others, even seeing how they played at being fools in front of the female manager.

No matter what happened, no matter what was said or done, they were together from start to finish. I'd never seen a stronger friendship in my life. I needed to get closer though, to see-

"Did you want to come inside?" I heard the soft voice of the manager behind me. Jumping in place before slowly turning around, I took note of the slight tilt of her head and the curiosity that tried to hide in her eyes.

"Are you sure it would be ok? I don't want to interrupt their practice." I quietly mumbled, fighting the blush that wanted to form on my cheeks.

With little more than a tiny nod, she lead me inside the gym, both of us dodging out of the way of the 2nd year pair as they crashed to the floor nearby. Their silly antics came to an abrupt stop as they noticed me trying to hide behind Kiyoko's shoulder. Looking into their wide eyes, I slowly stepped out from behind her and bowed low.

"It is a pleasure to meet you in person, Noya-senpai, Tanaka-senpai. My name is (y/n). Kiyoko-senpai invited me to watch the practice today." Straightening back up, I gave my two favorite guys the biggest smile I could manage without splitting my face.

"C-c-cute!" They both shouted, their faces turning red. I couldn't help laughing at their antics. They really were even more fun to watch up close.

"I'm gonna go sit down now. Thanks so much for letting me come watch today!" I quickly found a safe place to sit and brought out my favorite notebook. Inside, I began writing down notes quickly, glancing up at the team members as they served, set, received and spiked the ball over and over again.

At the end of the practice, I slowly walked home after waving goodbye to the team. Looking back one more time, I noticed Noya and Tanaka chasing after the rest of the team as they headed the other direction. With a soft chuckle, I finally mumbled the words that had been swimming in my head all day, even if I knew they were just best friends.

"Yeah, I totally ship them."