Izuki Shun - Having Puntential

AN - I apologize in advance for any damage I may do to my readers in posting this chapter. I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Opening my locker, I stared intently at the small piece of paper I found taped to the inside. Finally reaching out to grab it, I slowly read the words written upon its otherwise unblemished surface. The twitching of my lips was the only giveaway to the laughter that wanted to escape me.

Looking back down at the paper, I couldn't help moving my lips with the words I read yet again.

'I planned to find my watch today, but I didn't have the time.'

--------

"Class, open your books to page 241 and begin reading. There will be a test tomorrow, so make sure you take notes." The teacher sat at her desk as soon as she was done talking and began to quietly grade the already turned in homework.

Getting my notebook from my bag, I opened it only to find another note. I had to muffle my laughter quickly when I drew attention from the students around me, the teacher sending me a frown before going back to her stack of papers. After sending one last glance at the note, I put it away with a smile and got back to work.

'I was kicked out of math class for one too many infractions.'

--------

In gym class, the note was hiding inside one of my shoes. Pulling it out, I couldn't hide the laughter this time, the girls around me giving me knowing grins before heading through the doors to the gym. A couple glanced over my shoulder to read the note before giving a groan and shaking their heads.

Smiling even more, I looked into their eyes and nodded, my own (e/c) eyes sparkling with joy. Seeing me start to open my mouth, they waved their hands at me and ran out of the room.

All that did was make me laugh before putting the note into my bag with the others. Closing my locker, I walked out of the changing room, the smile lasting the rest of the class period.

'I finally found a spotter at the gym, it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.'

--------

The notes continued all day, a new one discovered each period.

'I always believed my body was a prison for me. I was right, in biology I learnt they were made of cells.'

One in my History textbook.

'I really wanted a camouflage shirt, but I couldn't find one.'

My notebook for English.

'I was upset with my wall climbing abilities, I just couldn't seem to get a grip.'

Hidden inside my bento.

'Each time I tried shooting blindfolded I found it an aimless pursuit.'

The book I was reading for Japanese Literature. 

'I'm always breaking into song - I can never find the right key!'

Even my shoe locker after classes were finished for the day.

'The first time I used an elevator it was really uplifting, then it let me down.'

Each one made me smile and laugh, while my friends and classmates looked on in exasperated understanding. It's not like it was too unusual for me to get notes like this after all, just not in such a large quantity. Slowly looking through the notes again, I read each one with a smile before putting them carefully back into my bag. I then made my way through the doors and began walking to the gym. After all, I had to thank him for making today such a special one for me.

--------

Taking my shoes off, I quietly sneaked my way into the large building, hoping to surprise the dark haired boy. After all, he may have the Eagle Eye, but that doesn't mean he saw everything!

"What are you doing here, (y/n)-chan?" The monotone voice behind me made me jump and let out a small scream before I could stop myself.

Turning slowly around, I saw the pale blue eyes of Kuroko staring at me. It was only when I heard his puppy bark up at me that I noticed how quiet everything had gotten, the sounds of squeaking shoes and bouncing balls having come to a halt.

Turning my head slowly to the side, I noticed the entire team staring at me with curiosity. Well, everyone but one boy who was watching me with a knowing grin on his face. So much for surprising him.

"Well... I wanted to surprise you, but I guess I Shun have known I wouldn't be able to." I watched as Izuki's grin grew wider, the groans of his teammates filling the air.

"That was a good one, (y/n)!" Excitedly, he pulled out his notebook and started writing.

"Please, not another one..." I looked over to see one of the boys shaking his head, a look of pain on his face.

"Hello Hyuga-senpai! I was just coming over to say thanks for all the punderful notes from Izuki-senpai today! They made my whole day so much punner! In fact, I would say the day was puntastic!" This time, the groans were louder, and I could only watch as Hyuga flinched in pain.

Laughing, I grabbed my bag and pulled out the small wrapped box from my bag. Bouncing in place for a moment, I soon ran over to Izuki with the box held out to him.

"I know I probably Shun have, but I couldn't help myself! Happy Valentine's Day, Izuki-kun!" I laughed happily as he opened the package to see the carefully made chocolate I had worked on last night.

"It's puntacular, (y/n)-chan!" Holding it up, the team could just make out the mix of milk and dark chocolate forming the words PunMaster.

"I'll be expecting something amazing for White Day! After all, you need to live up to the expuntations you set last year!" Leaning forward, I gave him a quick hug before turning around and skipping back out of the gym.

--------

"Who was that?" A very confused Kagami turned to his teammates.

"That's Izuki's friend, (y/n). I dread the day one of them finally asks the other out. It's bad enough she followed us here when she became a first year. Them together the few times they are, being a year apart, are more than enough torture." Hyuga whispered softly, hoping Izuki wouldn't hear him and get any ideas.

"Why would that be such a bad thing? They seem to get along pretty well." Kuroko looked at Izuki as he began nibbling on his chocolate treat.

"Because, as much as Izuki is into telling puns, (y/n)-chan is just as bad, if not worse. Could you imagine having both of them being together, every day? Telling endless puns and bad jokes?" The guys looked at each other for a moment before a deep shudder ran down their spines.

"Hey guys, remember when I told you there was someone interested in joining as a new manager? Umm... Well, you just met her... Hehe... I'm so sorry..." Riko could only stand there hanging her head down as everyone groaned except Izuki, who stood there with a very evil looking grin on his face, his notebook suddenly appearing in his had again.

"(Y/n)-chan as a manager? She definitely has the puntential for it!"