Sawamura Daichi - Coming to Visit

Standing up from the bench outside, I called out to the guy that had just walked out of the gym.

"Dai-kun! I thought you would never come out of there!" Jogging over, I reached out and grabbed the dark-haired boys arm.

"Eh? Who's that? I've never seen her around before." Peering over Daichi's shoulder, I saw a large group of boys standing there, a grey-haired boy in the front looking curiously at me.

"Oh, hello! My name's (y/n)! It's nice to meet you!" Letting go of Daichi's arm, I stepped away from him and bowed at the group of boys that had come out of the gym behind him.

"How do you two know each other?!" A short boy with bright orange hair yelled out, sounding excited for some reason.

"Well, we used to live next to each other a few years back, up until I had to move with my parents to Tokyo. Since I'm here visiting my grandmother this week, Dai-kun said he would take me around to visit some of the places we used to hang out at. Did you want to come with us today?" Tilting my head to the side, I decided it would be nice getting to know the boys that my friend spent so much time with.

"YES!!" Came the nearly unanimous answer, the orange haired boy joined by two others as they stood side by side with eyes practically sparkling from happiness.

Giggling at their actions, I turned back to Daichi with a smile to find him standing there with eyes starting to glaze over and a frown on his face.

"Dai-kun, you're making that face again! Relax, we still have the rest of the week to hang out. Today, I want to get to know your teammates, since you spend so much time with them. They must all be wonderful people!" Laughing happily, I grabbed his arm again and began pulling him towards the school gates, the rest of the boys following behind like ducklings as they talked in awe about how easily the (h/c) haired girl had stopped Sawamura's anger from surfacing.

Behind them, a single girl stood watching curiously from the open door of the gym.

"So that's her." She said before turning to lock up the gym and quietly head home, wanting to avoid the mess that was likely to come.

--------

"Oh! I remember the meat-buns from this place! They were always so good!" I shouted happily, racing forward into the store, fond memories filling my head.

Looking around, I raced to the counter and saw a familiar face.

"Ukai-san! Can I have a meat-bun please?" I was bouncing in place as the man behind the counter looked up at me.

"Hey there, long time no see! Always good to see an old regular come back for a visit." He chatted on as he put a few meat-buns into a bag.

"These smell just as good as I remember! How much do I owe you, Ukai-san?" Smiling, I reaching into my pocket to pull out my wallet.

"Don't worry about that, just keep those boys out of trouble for me." He waved me off, going back to the magazine he had been reading as he sat back down.

Shrugging, I began gathering the wandering boys back to the entry and outside, placing a few bills on the counter to pay for the meat-buns and popsicles the boys had wanted before heading out the door to pass the treats out to the waiting boys.

I began running down the street laughing happily, a meat-bun in hand as the boys followed close behind. The second meat-bun was warming the hands of the captain, his dark brown eyes watching the (h/c) haired girl running ahead of him.

--------

Nearly an hour later, the majority of the boys had wandered off, most heading home. Turning to Dai-kun, I smiled seeing him talking with the two remaining boys. If I remembered right, they were Tana-kun and Noya-kun?

"Hey Dai-kun! I'm getting hungry again. Let's go get something to eat at the cafe! Are you two coming with us?" I smiled brightly at the three boys in front of me, giggling as the younger two gave a loud cheer before nodding happily at me.

"OSU! You're like a shining angel of compassion! We'd love to come with you!" Tears of joy flowed down their cheeks, leaving me rubbing the back of my head as I turned towards Daichi.

"Are they always like this?" I whispered softly to him, placing one hand on his arm in concern.

Seeing him nod as he let out a sigh, I let out a laugh as I began dragging him along with me to the cafe, the two boys following behind like eager puppies.

--------

I couldn't help giggling softly into my hand as I watched the grinning duo eat their food happily at a nearby table. Daichi had made sure we were seated by ourselves, saying he didn't want my appetite put off by the eating habits of the two boys.

"Hey Dai-kun, I really like the boys on your team. They seem nice and they make you smile like when we were kids. Do you think it would be okay if I come early tomorrow and watch your practice with them?" Reaching out a hand, I rested it on top of one of his, ignoring the blush that spread across his cheeks.

"Sure, I'm sure the rest of the team would like that." He gave me a smile, a bit warmer than his usual ones, as he turned his hand over to grasp mine lightly in his.

Looking up into his eyes, I smiled back, a hint of pink dusting across my cheeks. It grew darker at his next words.

"I'd like that too."

--------

Outside, a group of guys were quietly watching through the windows before turning to each other, a short orange-haired boy jumping up with excitement.

"OSU!"