Yandere!Mystras (Magi: Adventures of Sinbad) - Tell Me A Story

This is an AU world similar to our own, set in the distant past during the times of privateers and pirates. Hope you enjoy!

A young male crouched,  hidden in the corner, listening to the merchants as they took turns  telling stories to the female that sat among them. Her bright (e/c) eyes  were wide with wonder as she listened to the man and his friends as  they weaved tales of wonder and mystery for her enjoyment.

It had been like this  ever since they had found her as a child, half starved and not knowing  where her parents were, the town decimated by war. It hadn't taken long  back then for them to decide on bringing her with them, her wide eyes  looking up at them with innocence.In the years since then, they had come  to see her as a symbol of blessed luck, their travel usually smooth and  without a single sign of pirates or privateers.

The female began  entering into the conversation once the males began winding down and  that is when the young man was truly caught, her almost musical sounding  voice enchanting him on the spot. He was captured by how much the room  seemed to brighten when she began laughing after one particular tale of  her mischievous deeds. He'd almost gasped aloud when she talked about  how close she had come to not making it back to the ship in one piece,  his heart racing in time to what he was sure her own must have been  beating at the time of the event.

When they finally  finished their tales and went upstairs, he crept out of his hidden  corner and wandered back to his own ship, his mind still spinning from  the tales he'd heard her tell. It would be several months before he ever  saw that group of merchants again, months that his mind spent thinking  about the female who told such wonderous stories while laughing so  easily at how often she had teased fate and survived. Months spent  wondering what it would be like to hear her telling him stories every  night, as well as create new ones if she was by his side in his travels  instead of with those foreign merchants.

--------

It was almost like a  sign to him when he was given a note of commission to become a privateer  for his country, the target being any and all ships he saw that flew  the flag of their enemy. The very same flag he had seen flying from the  merchant ship the young lady had boarded in the company of those men  from that night in the inn.

She deserved far better  than anything they offered her, obvious by how much danger she was  always in. They didn't protect her like he would. They couldn't protect  her like he wanted to. Sure, he had only been in her presence for a few  hours one night but he felt like he had known her for months, years  even! He felt like they had a connection, tales of soulmates spinning  around in his mind as he'd begun seeing her as such a person for him.

And he was determined not to let anyone get in the way of him claiming what was meant to be his.

--------

I watched the waves  moving across the ocean as the ship slowly made its way back home, the  ships cargo hold filled with a variety of rare spices and herbs, rolls  of silk cloth, barrels of strange spirits and even a few exotic animals  to give to our king as a gift. He was known for enjoying the keeping of  animals from foreign lands.

Reminding myself of my  task, I left the deck and went blow, ready to feed the animals. It was  hard not to grow attached to them, especially the small furry one with  the large brown eyes and soft red fur, it's long tail stretching out  behind it.

It would be a long trip  back home. I hope the strange pole-like plants they had sent with us  would survive the small amounts of water we were able to give them since  the leaves of these plants were supposed to be the red-furred  creature's main food supply.