Yandere!Kasanoda Ritsu (OHSHC) - To Be Loved

It had been arranged since before we were even born, our futures planned out for us by our parents and grandparents. I would argue against it, but such things really were typical among both traditional families and the higher ranks of Yakuza syndicate families. Him being the leader of his own family's branch of Yakuza, it was only fitting that as the daughter of another syndicate, our parents would try to unite the two for greater strength and territory.

I had been raised learning how to be the perfect wife for someone like him, how to be strong enough to stand beside him and support him when needed but also to be obedient enough to keep him happy. I had been eager to learn, in hopes of finally gaining my father's approval. That was something he did not give easily.

It was only after proving to him that I would at least not shame him in with my actions, that he finally allowed me to meet the man who would be my future husband.

--------

With my head bowed and my eyes lowered, I sat and waiting patiently for my fiance to enter the room I was in. It felt like hours had passed since I had come in myself, sitting carefully on the cushion that was provided, making sure that I sat in the proper manner my mother had taught me a female was to sit. I would not bring disappointment to my parents, even if my knees ached and my legs cramped up from sitting like this for so long.

Finally, I heard footsteps coming down the hallway, forcing myself not to raise my head in anticipation of finally meeting the man I would spend my life with. I kept my head bent when the door was slid open, focusing on not letting my hands clench in nervousness. When I heard the soft voice carry through the room, I felt my heart sink.

"I'm sorry, Kasanoda is unable to make it today. Something unexpected came up and has interfered with his ability to attend the meeting. Do you want to reschedule for another time?" Shaking my head slowly, I refused to look up and let the stranger see the tears pooling in my eyes.

How would I be able to face father now, failing in something as simple as meeting with my fiance, even if it was not through my own fault? He would never see it that way and simply assume that I was such a disappointment, Kasanoda had simply chosen not to come.

Carefully standing up, I walked out of the room and started making my way home, deep in thought of how I could fix this situation before it got to my father's ears that I had failed him. It was only a few minutes later that I changed the direction I was heading in, eyes carefully dried and small clutch opened to fix any makeup I might have smudged.

--------

It was hard to take in, watching as the man I was to marry sat blushing at the boy beside him, his red hair pulled mostly back and leaving his bangs to frame his face. It was only the voice of the boy near the door, asking if he could help me, that broke me from my frozen state.

"No. I... I think I have seen enough," I whispered softly before turning to leave, the boy making a quick note in his book before turning back to the guests waiting for his attention to be theirs again.

--------

My father had heard of the canceled meeting, luckily not also hearing of my entering the school and what I had found. I felt lucky that he'd only given me a mildly disappointed look, instead of the usual look I got when he felt I had somehow 'failed' him. I don't know what he would do if he found out the young man I was engaged to already had someone else he was interested in. Especially since I had seen Kasanoda sitting next to the boy with my own eyes.

No, we didn't need a gang war to break out right now, not after all the trouble the last one had caused everyone. That was why, when he mentioned a new meeting date, I did my best to keep a blank expression on my face and simply nodded my head in agreement to the date he gave me.