Mystras (Magi - Sinbad no Bouken) - Finding Treasure

Sitting high up in the Crow's Nest of the ship, I looked out towards the distant horizon, eager to finally catch sight of land after spending so much time at sea. No matter how much we all loved to sail, the relaxation of being at port would always be something me and the rest of the crew looked forward to at the end of a long voyage.

After a few hours, I finally caught sight of that hint of green trees and yellow sand on the horizon, the telescope confirming that it was our destination before finally shouting down to the crew moving about the deck.

"Land ho! The island is in sight Captain!" At my words, I could hear the crew below scurry about to adjust the sails, wanting to make sure we did not miss the tiny island ahead of us.

--------

It wasn't long before the ship was docked and we were all rushing across the wooden ramp to get ashore, everyone longing for a few days rest from the constant work of keeping the ship sailing to the next destination.

Sure we made it look easy to the land bound people in towns across the seas, but that was mostly due to hard work and years of practice, truths that were apparent to anyone who bothered to look at the muscles built from constant work and the tans on our skin from being under constant assault by both sun and wind.

But for the next few days, we could spend our time on land and enjoy telling tales of our adventures to those who would listen, often getting a free drink or two from those with the coin to spare as they encouraged us to tell them more.

It really was the sailor's life for me.

--------

Sitting in a dark corner, I watched as a group of travelers came into the inn, keeping an eye on the purple-haired teen that lead them. Watching as they took a table on the other side of the room, I took note of a happy-go-lucky appearing boy with bright red hair. Just as he was sitting down, he turned his head my direction and paused, a look of curiosity on his face before his view was blocked by one of my shipmates.

"(y/n), the Cap'n wants us all at the ship! Somethin' about a change in orders. Sounds like the next cargo trip might nah be happenin'. Good news is, we get to stay here a while longer 'til somethin' comes up!" Standing up, I followed his towering figure out of the building and towards the docks, ignoring the turned heads of some of the people I had been watching earlier.

--------

It had taken a week for the Captain to work out a new job, a new potential employer meeting up with him while the rest of us wandered about the city. I often found myself wandering about the beach before stopping to catch a few fish for a free meal. Why pay for dinner when you could just catch it and cook it yourself? It wasn't much different than when we were at sea and I never was one to tire of eating fish.

Sadly, there were not many days where I could be by myself for long, the red haired young man from the inn that first night often seeming to find his way to my side. I would catch and cook my fish while he would just sit nearby watching me like he was trying to figure out a puzzle.

One in a while he would come over and sit by the fire I made as I cooked the fish, listening as I would start to talk about some adventure I had been part of, simply figuring I might as well pass the time doing something while I waited for my meal to be ready. I didn't really care who he was, figuring that if he became a bother, then all I had to do was avoid him until either his group left the island of mine did. It's not like I hadn't dealt with weird men before, being part of a ship's crew.

It wasn't until the Captain called us all to the ship that I realized how wrong I had been to think that, even if nothing untowards had happened between me and the young man who had finally introduced himself as Mystras after a few meetings. Standing on the dock next to the Captain was Mystras himself, along with the rest of his group of friends, the purple haired youth next to him giving a wide smile to everyone as we all came up the dock towards them.

"Captain, what is the meaning of this? I thought you had found a load of cargo to sail to another port town?" I couldn't help the question from escaping me as I stood there staring at him, a few curious eyes settling on me afterwards, although I had gotten used to seeing such looks from Mystras by now.

"Well (y/n), let me introduce you to our cargo this time around. But don't worry, if any of them give you a problem, just let me know and I'll happily toss them overboard!" The Captain's loud laughter filled the air for a moment as I stood there watching the stares of our 'cargo' flicker back and forth between the two of us.

"Why would (y/n) need to go to you? I thought you said your crew were able to take care of themselves?" Sinbad asked, a slightly disgruntled look on his face.

"Because if I let her handle it, she'd prolly kill the fool what set an unwanted hand on her. Better chance swimmin' with the sharks, if you want my opinion." The Captain gave Sinbad a disturbing smile before lumbering up the plank and onto the ship, turning to look over his shoulder and give the command for us to all begin boarding.

I was halfway up the plant myself when I heard Sinbad call out in shock. "You mean (y/n) is a girl?!"

Me and the guys were laughing the rest of the way up the ramp and across the deck as we began prepping the ship for departure. It was only the cheerful shout of Mystras that drew my attention away for a minute as I began blushing.

"Told you so Sinbad! I told you (y/n) was a girl! Although I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed that you couldn't see it too. But then again, it let me have lots of time alone with her on the beach!" As the crew heard his words, they began turning heads to look at me, jaws dropping in shock at the unusual site of my cheeks turning red.

"What? He's a cute one, okay?!" The almost mad cackling of the Captain followed my statement, putting most of the crew on edge as they glanced at Mystras, shaking their heads in pity of the poor youth.

He really didn't know what he was getting himself into, showing interest in the Captain's favorite niece.