Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Special Delivery

It was only the glint of the sun reflecting on metal that caused my head to turn so fast, the twinge of pain in my neck enough to make me wince. My eyes searched for whatever it was that had caught my attention, widening at the sight of the towering suit of armor walking down the other side of the street.

It was almost impossible not to stop and stare as the person seemed to carve a path through the people before him. It was only by chance that I happened to see the person following close behind him, his red jacket catching my eyes as much as the sun hitting the others armor had earlier.

Watching until they turned the corner and vanished from view, I finally gave my head a quick shake and began walking forward again, eager to get where I was going. After all, I had a job to get to.

--------

I should have known better than to think it would be easy... Grabbing my hair, I had to stop myself from screaming in frustration. How the heck was I supposed to deliver this in time when all they gave me was garbage information? I mean, seriously... Who tells a person to go into the middle of a huge event like this, where you need a ticket to get in mind you, and find some person they couldn't even give a proper name for...

I was almost ready to quit right then and there when I saw the line I would have to stand in. I swear, if it wasn't for the promise that he would pay me double wages for today and that I only needed to do this one job to get a full days wages, I would have turned and walked out right then and their.

Looking down at the sealed yellow envelope, I sighed and got in line, settling in for a long wait as people shuffled forward a few inches every several minutes.

--------

I'd been unable to stop staring at the people around me as I walked through the hallways. Faces both familiar and strange were everywhere I looked. Finally I found the information booth, having been unable to figure out the simple map that had been given to me after paying the entry fee to get in.

After asking the staff member how to get to the right room, getting VERY detailed instructions so I wouldn't get lost in the huge buildings twisting hallways, I began my journey. Several trips up and down various stairs, through long twisting corridors, and through a few randomly placed rooms later, I finally made it to my destination.

Pushing open the door, I looked around to see a room filled with people dressed mostly in blue jackets and pants, with just two people standing out among the group. The same tall armor suited person from before and standing beside him a blonde teen in a bright red long jacket, white gloves covering his hands.

"Sorry to bug you, but I have a delivery for an Ed Elric? That wouldn't happen to be one of you would it? Please say yes and make my life easier for once today..." I mumbled the last part, although loud enough some of the guys started laughing behind their hands as they turned to look at the guy in red.

"Yeah, that would be me today. So, let's see what you have for me." He stepped forward, hand out to take the envelope.

"Sorry, job requires I see some kinda ID. Even in this kinda situation." I gave an apologetic smile to him as he blinked at me.

"You mean, you don't know who I am?" He blinked at me in shock before reaching for his badge.

"Nope, as far as I can tell, you're just some cute guy I saw on the streets earlier who happens to be in this room now. Although according to this, you are the person I'm supposed to give this to." I spoke without thinking as I took his badge, looking down at the name written upon it.

Not hearing anything from the room, I looked up and realized what I'd said as soon as I saw the pink dusting his cheeks. Feeling heat on my face, I handed him the envelope as I heard the men start laughing, the guy in the armor reaching over and slapping 'Ed' on the back.

"Hey bro, looks like you have a fan! Even if they don't know who you are!" I raised my hands to hide my face when I heard the man's words.

"Of course I don't know who he his. I don't know who any of you are." I mumbled into my hands, still embarrassed I'd spoken without thinking.

"What?! How can you not know any of us? What kind of sheltered world do you live in?" They shouted as a group, each one sounding almost horrified that I didn't know who they were.

"Hah, obviously someone won't know who you guys are, if they didn't even know who I am! I mean, really guys. Think about it." The cute teen, I mean 'Ed', laughed at the group around him as they began to grumble at his words.

"Sorry. I don't really get to watch a lot of anime. Oh, but I did recognize someone cosplaying as Sebastian on the way here! But I think your cuter... Ed..." Blushing again, I pulled down my hands a little and peeked at the slightly flustered looking blonde in front of me.

"Um.. Do you think you'd... I don't know... Maybe watch some Fullmetal Alchemist with me? We're gonna be showing episode one pretty soon... If you don't have to head back to work, that is?" His eyes pleaded with me to say yes and all I could do was nod, feeling my heart racing.

"Yeah, I'd love to. Besides, Dad gave me the rest of the day off once you got that letter. What is it anyhow?" I asked, peering at the thick bubble-wrap lined envelope as he opened it.

"It's the dvd we've been waiting for actually, FMA Season One!" The smile on his face as he pulled the cellophane wrapped case out, was enough to make my breath catch in my throat.

"So... I'm (y/n). It's nice to meet you, Ed. So, if you don't mind telling me, what's your real name?" I finally had the guts to ask him, fighting against the blush that wanted to warm my cheeks yet again.

"That's the funny thing, my name actually is Edward."