(Haikyuu) - Gifted

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you enjoy this little oneshot I give to you all! I'm not telling you which guy this is about because I want it to be a surprise! The holiday rush at my house is finally starting to die down so I should be able to start catching up on my updates again soon! I dedicate this to ALL of my readers who like Haikyuu and it's amazing characters!

The first gift was chocolates. A small box, but one that he'd obviously taken lots of time choosing. A simple message was printed on the lid in gold, the words "I love you" shining under the light of the hallways as he stood there anxiously awaiting an answer. It was a yes.

The second gift was flowers. A simple but lovely bouquet of red roses and baby's breath. The sweet scent of the flowers filled the room throughout the day as his bright smile filled my vision. There was so much love in that smile.

The third gift was a phone charm, a black crow in flight to match the one on his own phone. Sweet words filled the air as it was carefully attached, a happy smile on his face as he leaned forward for a quick kiss.

In time came the forth gift, an invitation to see him and his team play in the Spring Tournament. The happy yes was loud enough to echo down the hallway, students stopping to stand and stare at the couple kissing in the hallways.

Upon graduation was the fifth gift, a beautiful gold ring with a small diamond shining in the sunlight as he knelt in the grass, a promise to replace it someday with a better ring. I couldn't stop the tears that ran down my face that day.

A few years later, I gazed at him as he stood waiting patiently at the altar for his bride to walk down the aisle. As much as it pained me to admit, she was as beautiful now as she had been back in school. The last gift I saw him give her was the promise of forever, remaining at her side for all his life and taking care of her, loving her with everything he had, everything he would ever have.

After saying farewell to Sugawara and his new bride, I left the church and headed towards the car to head home. As I got in, I looked down at my hand with a smile, seeing the ring my own husband had placed upon my finger just a few months earlier.

Maybe I hadn't ended up with the man I had once admired so much but I had found happiness with the man who had admired me instead, the man I had come to admire so much for his refusal to give up what he wanted ever again. He'd told me he had already experienced the pain of giving up something he loved and seeing that Sugawara had missed his chance to have me at his side, my husband had been more than happy to work hard to attain that goal instead.

"Did you get your closure, (y/n)?" He looked at me, his dark eyes filled with love and understanding.

"Chikara, I had my closure when I realized I didn't love him anymore. I had my closure the moment I figured out that you had taken his spot in my heart and filled the hole he'd left in it. I didn't come here to gain closure, I came here to give happy wishes to them and say goodbye to an old friend." With a light heart, I leaned over and kissed him gently on his now smiling lips.

"Well then, would this be a good time to start thinking about adding to our little family, Mrs. Ennoshita?"