Morinozuka Takashi - Simply Sweet

I was swinging my legs back and forth as I took a small bite  of the cake in front of me, watching from the corner of my eyes as the  tall, silent young man stood nearby attentively. He rarely seemed to  move other than to bring the younger looking blonde boy another slice of  cake or to wipe a bit of frosting from his face as the other girls  squealed in a frenzy of glee.

Myself, I simply sat there and  watched quietly, enjoying the treat that had been placed before me  earlier. When it was time to leave, I finished the last lingering bite  of cake and stood up slowly before making my way to the doors leading  out of the music room.

Before exiting, I looked over at Kyoya and  nodded, letting him know I would be requesting the same arrangements for  the following week, as I did every Friday before going home.

--------

Slowly,  I made on last stitch to the soft, pink fabric before tying the thread  and placing the needle back into its case. Handing the stuffed animal  back to the sad looking boy, I patted his head and smiled.

"There,  Usa-chan is all better now Honey-senpai. Just be a little more careful  next time people are throwing things. You really should try not to get  in-between people when they are fighting. Even if it is just a silly  act." Glancing to the side, I sighed lightly at the pink and blue haired  duo standing on opposite sides of the room.

"Thank you,  (y/n)-chan! I'll be more careful next time! I promise!" The bubbly boy  ran off and climbed up on Mori's shoulders, laughter filling the air as  he began eating the slice of cake handed up to him.

Standing up, I  slowly made my way out of the Host Club, ready to pay a quick visit to  my cousin before everyone went home for the day.

--------

I  quietly watched as Mori stood in front of Haruhi, spear in hand as he  watched for some kind of reaction. Failing to get the results he had  hoped for, I watched him linger behind as the shorter brunette walked  off and left him there. Slowly walking forward, I looked up into the  wide grey eyes of the third year boy.

"Mori-senpai, try not to  worry too much. If you really like Haruhi, I'm sure someday your  affections will be returned. After all, it's very easy to fall for  someone like you." Giving him a soft hug, I turned back around and  walked back to the beach, a slightly sad smile on my face.

It could be painful to watch someone you like only seem to have eyes for someone else.

--------

After  the commotion on the beach, I ended up going home earlier than  expected, politely refusing the flowers offered by Kyoya for the  'inconvenience' us girls had experienced. After all, it was not the  clubs fault that those boys had trespassed and caused a scene.

Sighing  gently, I started to fall asleep in the back seat as the driver  continued the long trip home. I never was one for staying awake during  trips like this.

--------

I'd refused to visit the Host Club  while the restriction of sweets was in place, knowing that nothing good  could come of it. Besides, I enjoyed the sweets that were usually  provided myself, so why deprive myself of them when I could simply spend  time in the Home Ec room baking myself something sweet.

After  all, just because I had money, doesn't mean I couldn't learn to cook  something for myself. I refused to be one of those helpless girls that  couldn't learn to lift a finger to do anything other than order someone  else to do everything for me.

As for the Hosts, I would come back  after everything was back to normal. I didn't want Mori upset with me  after all, since i knew I could never say no to Honey if he asked me for  a sweet. It was hard enough avoiding him in the hallways between  classes, I wanted to avoid what trouble I could.

I promised myself  that once things were fixed, I would bake a cake and some cookies to  bring for Honey as an apology for not coming to visit while he was under  restrictions. Maybe something for Mori too, for looking so  understanding when he saw me duck around a corner to yesterday to avoid  Honey.

--------

I carried the two boxes into the third music  room, making my way carefully over to the table where Honey sat, Mori  once more standing beside him. I placed the boxes on the empty chair,  opening the first one and gently lifting out the cake that had been  resting inside.

"This is for you Honey-senpai. I'm sorry I was  avoiding you the past few days... I just knew I wouldn't be able to say  no if you asked me for sweets... I don't think I could ever say no to  someone as important to Mori-senpai as you are!" Looking down at my  hands, I missed the small smile that flashed across Honey's face before  he took the cake from me.

"It's ok, (y/n)-chan! I forgive you!~  You were just trying to be a good friend, after all!" With a sweet smile  on his face, he looked at the cake with sparkling eyes before taking a  bite.

Smiling at him, I picked up the other box and passed it, still closed, to Mori.

"I  hope you like these Mori-senpai, but if not I am sure Honey-senpai  would be happy to eat them for you. I'm sorry I wasn't a better friend  lately. I should be better at saying no when it's needed." Smiling  sadly, I turned around and started walking back out of the club room.

My  steps halted when I felt a hand gently rest upon my shoulder, carefully  turning me back around. My eyes were wide as I stared up into gentle  dark grey eyes.

"You're more than just a friend, (y/n)-chan. And call me Takashi." As he leaned forward, my eyes slowly closed.

I  ignored the sounds of girls squealing as they fangirled around us,  screaming about moe or some such thing, as I felt a pair of warm lips on  my cheek. Maybe I had a chance with Mori after all.