Tsukishima (Haikyuu) - Difficulties

Happy 600 readers oikawas  and I hope that number grows ever higher! You write so wonderfully, I can completely understand why you have so many readers following you! Enjoy some fluffy Tsukki in celebration!

I sat there checking my phone for updates from my favorite writers, as I waited for lunch period to come to an end. I had forgotten to grab my food from the fridge today, having woken up late after staying up far too long into the night reading and had been stuck buying something from the cafeteria. Luckily they had some decent breads today and I was able to grab a good one with some of the money I always kept in my pocket for such events.

Taking another bite of my meal, I was randomly scrolling through the pages when I saw the notification that flashed across the top of my screen. (fav. author) had just updated the book I had been reading last night! Unable to stop the tiny squeal of joy from escaping, I tapped my screen and went to the new chapter. I was so engrossed with the story, I didn't even notice I had gained the attention of a couple of nearby boys.

----

"Hey Tsukki, isn't that (y/n)?" The dark-haired boy quietly asked his friend, eyes wide as he watched a smile appear on your face.

"What of it?" Came the seemingly disinterested response, golden-brown eyes glancing at you before looking away again.

Before he could say anything else, the bell rang to signal the end of lunch, leaving you in anguish as you had to stuff the last of the bread into your mouth. You stumbled your way through the halls as you refused to put your phone away until you had finished the new chapter. You barely made it to the room, scooting into your chair and finishing the last sentence, the bell ringing as you finally put your phone away.

If you had simply looked towards the other side of the room, you would have noticed the slightest hint of pink on the face of the tall blonde as he seemingly stared out the window. Although Yamaguchi couldn't prove it, he always suspected it wasn't so much to stare out the window, so much as to stare at your reflection within it.

--------

After school I took a bit of extra time to leave a comment on the update I had read, since I had only enough time to hit the vote button before putting the phone away so the teacher wouldn't take it from me. Hitting the send button, I got up from my seat in the now empty classroom and headed to my locker, ready to put things away and grab what I needed for homework.

The last thing I had expected to see as I finally left the building to head home, was my classmate Tsukishima standing there with a small frown on his face. I started to pass him, hoping to continue my luck of escaping his verbal assaults thus far. After all, being the kind of person I was, I knew there were plenty of things he could target quite easily, but that didn't stop me from hoping I could escape just one more time. After all, having the boy I had come to like say something mean would be beyond crushing to me.

Feeling a hand gently grab my arm and bring me to a halt, I couldn't help letting my shoulders slump as I lowered my head, trying to ready myself for whatever he had to say. I didn't even notice when he flinched slightly at my actions, knowing what I was expecting from him and feeling bad that I thought so poorly of him.

"Umm.. I was wondering if... Dammit, why does this have to be so hard..." I heard him muttering to himself, sounding unusually... unsure of himself?

Bringing my head up to look at his face, I was shocked to see him rubbing the back of his head with a small blush on his face as he had his head turned slightly away from me. It was almost as if he was feeling uncertain, something I couldn't imagine from the boy who always ranked so high in our class, let alone someone who had always acted like nothing mattered enough to worry over.

"T-Tsukishima-san? W-was there something you n-needed from me?" I hesitantly asked, still somewhat uncertain of how he would react to my questioning of his reason for stopping me from leaving.

The slight pink on his face darkened significantly when he heard me say his name for the first time, even if it was just his surname. My eyes widened when I felt him release my arm, watching as he brought the hand to his face as he turned from me, trying to hide the look on his face.

Coughing into his hand, he concentrated on bringing his face back under control, finally succeeding enough he felt okay with turning around. And it was fine, until he saw the smile that had appeared on my face from watching him act so unusually flustered by something.

Tilting my head to the side as I smiled brightly at him, I giggled as his face once more became tinted with pink. Feeling like I now understood what was going on, I thought about how things usually went in the fanfics I read and took a step forward.

Standing on my tippy-toes, I still had to pull him down a bit by his neck, his shock at my actions making things go easier than I expected as I brought my lips to his in a small kiss. Pulling back after a few seconds, I smiled up at him happily.

"I like you too, Tsukki-kun. Is it okay if today I come watch you practice?"