Erza (Fairy Tail) - I'd Wait Forever

I walked into the dark room and sat down, my head bowed down from exhaustion. I could feel the need for sleep pulling at me, even as I fought it with all my being, a bone-deep weariness sapping at the last of my strength.

With a loud thump, my head hit the table. By the time the first hand touched my shoulder in concern, I was already asleep and unaware of the voices calling my name.

--------

"(y/n), you know better than to push yourself like that. You're just lucky that she wasn't here to see you come in like that, she would have beat you senseless long before you had a chance to fall asleep from the exhaustion." The concerned voice of Mirajane floated through the room as I sat on the edge of the bed, hands running over my face as I let out a tired sigh.

"I know, Mira. I'll be more careful next time. I guess I was just too eager to see everyone again, although it is kinda upsetting that the person I was looking forward to seeing the most isn't even here yet..." I sighed again as I pushed myself off the bed, landing on my feet and ready to start walking out of the room until I felt my legs wobble.

Grabbing the bed to steady myself, I noticed the slightly panicked look on Mirajane's face as she looked beyond me towards the doorway. Feeling a chill run down my spine, I slowly turned my head and flicked my eyes to the entry before closing them with a small flinch. The anger radiating off the armored red-head was almost a physical entity.

"H-hey Erza, I was just about to go say hi to everyone... Heheh... I'm in trouble aren't I?" I lowered my head, my (e/c) eyes tracing the patterns of the cracks on the floor as I waited for her to start yelling at me.

I flinched as I heard her footsteps cross the room, swallowing thickly when I saw her black boots stop in front of me. Squeezing my eyes shut, I barely stopped from jerking my head back at the feeling of cool metal resting against my cheek. The feeling vanished for a moment, only to be replaced by a warm, bare hand and I began to relax, my eyes opening as my face was slowly lifted to meet her worried expression.

"Even if it means I have to wait longer to see you again, please don't push yourself so hard (y/n). If something were to happen to you because you wore yourself out getting back here, I don't know what I would do. I've already lost too many people in my life. Adding you to that list, it would break me." As her forehead came to rest against mine, I wrapped my arms around her and just held on to her, feeling my heart ache a little with her words.

"I promise, I'll never push myself like that again, Erza. As long as you are willing to wait for me, I swear I will always come home to you and I will be more careful doing it. Even if it does mean it will take longer." Smiling at her, I brought a hand up to cup her cheek gently, looking into her warm brown eyes.

"As long as it's you, I'd be willing to wait forever, (y/n)" Our world narrowed down to just the two of us, neither noticing when Mirajane left the room, closing the door behind her to stop the others from continuing to watch us.

I doubt either one of us could tell you who said "I love you" first, who started the kiss, or who's heart was racing the fastest. If you asked, most likely the only answer you would get from us would be "As long as we are together, does it really matter?"