Kuroo (Haikyuu) - Worth The Wait

Normally I would dedicate my oneshots to a requester, but this time the requester was myself! But I wanted to share my trashy Bedhead with everyone else, so enjoy the trashy fluff I wrote!

He stood there staring at you, eyes caught by the pink dusting your cheeks as the falling snow slowly collected in your (h/c) hair, causing small sparkles as the light would catch on the tiny crystals of ice. At that moment, in his eyes you looked like nothing less than an angel, your (e/c) eyes shining with laughter as you smiled back at him, calling him over to you.

Taking a few steps forward, Kuroo almost slipped on the ice that the snow had been hiding as you rushed forward in concern for him. Putting a hand up to stop your movement towards him, he stood upright again and balanced himself carefully as he made his way forward, your watchful eyes never leaving him.

Finally getting himself off of the sheet of ice that had almost landed him on the ground, in front of the girl he liked much to his embarrassment, he once more began walking forward towards you with a smile on his face.

--------

It was less than an hour later that you were standing beside Kuroo, your heart beating quickly each time you peeked over at him as you sipped on the hot chocolate he'd bought you. It was starting to feel like you were on a date with him, something that caused your face to turn red just from thinking about it.

Not that you would say no to a date, you'd had a crush on the scheming boy for years now, ever since you had first seen him playing in the park with his friend Kenma back in middle school. Maybe someday you would have the courage to confess your feelings to him, but until then you would be happy with just having the moments like these with him, simply watching the snow falling slowly to the ground like tiny puffs of cotton.

--------

Kuroo couldn't believe how cute you looked, sipping the warm drink he had gotten to warm you up after he had seen you start shivering earlier. It had been hard not to just grab you and hold you close to warm you up but that was something couples did, not people who were just friends, even if you had been friends for a couple years already.

He'd been so shocked when you had come up to him one day, your fingers twisting around each other nervously, and asked if he would mind being your friend. The girl he had been eyeing since he'd seen you trailing behind Kenma in middle school as you watched him playing intently.

Within a week, he'd found out your name, your grade and that you enjoyed watching people play games as much as you enjoyed playing them yourself. He also learned that you would be going to Nekoma High along with Kenma the following year. The thought alone had him mentally cheering for the next year to come.

For nearly two years now, he had slowly wormed his way into your life, scheming on how to become a more integral part of your day to day living. He had a desperate need to become important to you and he wasn't even sure why, not until the day he saw a guy confess to you in the hallway while he stood there and watched. The feelings that had run through his mind that day made him realize he needed to do something before it was too late.

Not that he would tell you straight out why he was suddenly hanging out with you more and would randomly scowl at some of the guys around you. Let alone admit to you that he had feelings for you beyond friendship. No, he would just flirt with you and hope that someday you would realize it wasn't just a joke.

"So, ready to go back out in the snow? Because if you get any hotter, you might start melting." Giving you his best sexy grin after he finished, he winked at you before heading back outside into the snow.

--------

Finally it was dark out and you were both ready to start wakling home. Normally you would both say your goodbyes immediately since you lived in opposite directions, but tonight something was different. Instead of saying goodbye and walking towards home, Kuroo had flirted with you and walked beside you as you turned towards home, a confused look on your face as you slowed to a stop and stared at the smirking man.

"Kuroo? Why are you doing this way? Your home is the other way, right?" You bit your lip as you looked up into those dark eyes, not seeming to notice the way they began smoldering as he caught sight of the slowly bruising lip you were biting down on.

It wasn't until his fingers were gently pulling your lip from between your teeth that he even realized what he was doing, his eyes widening before he shrugged and leaned towards you. The warmth of your lips were at odds with the cold temperature of the air around you both, his breath catching for a moment in his shuddering chest before he pulled you closer to him.

It wasn't until you began pushing against him in an attempt to get a breath of desperately needed air that he realized how long you two had been kissing, that you hadn't been pushing against him before that point. It was then he fully realized you had been kissing back and he couldn't help the satisfied smirk that spread across his lips at the thought.

You had kissed him as eagerly as he kissed you and that made all the waiting worth it to him.