Sugawara - Drawing You In

This is why I liked sitting in the back row of the classroom. I could look at my crush all I wanted and nobody would ever know. After all, as far as anyone else would be able to tell, I was just looking at the teacher or the blackboard.

Sighing happily, I added another line to the paper hidden in my notebook. I had to get this one just right.

----

Reaching up, the boy rubbed at the back of his head, swearing he could feel someone staring at him. Slowly turning his head he looked from the corner of his eye and couldn't find anyone who seemed to be looking at him.

He was about to look back to the front when he noticed a single (h/c)-haired girl look up from the notebook on her desk, eyes meeting his for a moment before she looked away with a blush on her cheeks.

Looking forward, he raised his hand to his own heated cheeks, thinking about how pretty those (e/c) eyes were. Sometimes, he wished he was the one sitting in the back instead. After all, it was hard to look at his crush when she sat so far behind him.

--------

I can't believe he caught me like that today! Thankfully, he hadn't taken any of the chances he'd had to confront me about it. Hopefully, he would just let it go. I just wanted to forget it had happened and go on pretending like I might someday have a chance at confessing to him.

Looking down at the drawing of the grey-haired setter I liked, I felt my cheeks turn as red as when those warm eyes had met mine in class.

"You really do have a cute blush, you know." I felt my eyes go wide, hearing those words from in front of me.

Looking up, my hands shaking, I saw Sugawara standing there with a smile on his blushing face. Eyes wide, I could only stare in shock that he was here, talking to me. He'd said something about me was cute!

"T-thank you... S-Sugawara-kun..." Blushing even more, I looked down in time to see my shaking hands let go of the drawing I'd been holding, the paper falling gently to land at the boys feet.

I watched in silent dread as he bent down to pick it up, unable to do more than raise one shaking hand to reach out in quiet panic as he lifted the paper up and looked at it. Closing my eyes, I waited for him to start calling me weird like they did in middle school when I drew my friends.

"You're really good at drawing (y/n)-chan. But why did you draw me?" Opening my eyes in surprise, I saw him rubbing the back of his head as he smiled down at me.

Blinking in confusion, I couldn't do anything but answer truthfully. Besides, that smile always made me unable to think straight, let alone to think well enough to come up with a different answer.

"I always draw the people who are important to me, so if they ever leave I will have something left to treasure the memories with. Besides, I really like you." Slapping a hand to my mouth as soon as I realized what I'd said, I looked at him as I felt my face turn redder than a tomato could ever hope to be.

Seeing him stand there for a moment, blinking at me in surprise, I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to see him when he rejected me politely. After all, he was always polite to everyone. I wasn't ready for the soft warmth that pressed lightly against my cheek for a moment.

"Good, because I really like you too, (y/n)-chan. I just didn't think you would pick me over all the other boys that like you!" Opening my eyes and looking up in confusion, I watched as he blushed down at me, smiling happily.

"I don't understand... What other boys?" I saw his eyes widen a bit before he patted my head gently.

"It doesn't matter, forget I said anything about it. Besides, we're a couple now, right? So you don't need to worry about any other boys." Leaning forward, a familiar warmth touched my cheek again.

Oh... That was what it had been... A kiss. Smiling happily at him, I nodded in agreement. After all, he was the only one I'd had eyes for, since the first day of high school. I guess it would have been hard to notice anyone else.

"Does this mean I can call you Koushi-kun now?" The blush that darkened his cheeks was enough to melt my heart, as he stood there stammering for a moment before finally just nodding his head in agreement.

----

Nodding, he promised himself that she was the one thing he would never loose to someone else. He could loose an argument. He could loose a fight. He could even loose a match in volleyball. But he could never loose her.

After all, he'd been patiently waiting for a chance to confess to her since he'd first seen her back in middle school.